United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely pay day for the lad before moving for a set fee next summer. It'll be interesting to see what the release clause is, but I'm sure the rag BS machine will try and convince the unwashed masses that he's just had a sudden change of heart and wants to play for "the greatest club in the world" for 5 more years. Then change their story next summer when they sell him for £20m

Is exactly what has happened and is going to happen.

To e honest, I was afraid of this after his transfer felt apart. It still doesn't have to mean too much and he might be goner in the summer but would like if they continued to be angry on each other.

Because De Gea is benefitting from a contract which allows him to play for Spain at the Euro's and a contract that insures him should he suffer any major injuries. Plus Madrid would stump up the cash for him now his contract isn't running down any time soon.

On the other hand you may be right, it may be lower and United have just insured they get some cash for him.
I don't see any reason De Gea would sign this deal with a high release clause. He didn't need to sign the new contract in order to play for them this season. Real aren't going to want to pay more for him, he doesn't want to get stuck at United. The only reason to sign a deal at all is to get a big chunk of money.

United will be paying him through the nose for this season, to get any fee at all when he leaves next year, but also to save face after looking like an incompetent laughing stock in the window. They'll use their PR machine to try and act like they've pulled a blinder all year, before letting him sneak out of the club next summer for a moderate fee. They are the ones who benefit from this deal happening, so he is the one who will have the terms of the contract hugely in his favour.

I'd be amazed if Mendes hadn't already agreed the fee with Real for next season before setting the clause in this contract and I'd be even more surprised if a large chunk of that fee doesn't go straight into his pocket. Being paid to make deals happen is Mendes's business

De gea has signed a 5 year contract

Good news

Don't want him playing for one of our rivals like Real Madrid

Better for us he stays in a team like yoonited that poses no threat whatsoever

He may even help to take points off our tital rivals like Palace and Leicester

Look who's bitter now...

Well that's one way to stop us hammering them every week at youth level. I remember the days when we took our ball home and refused to play them because they won a few games against us. Oh , hang on.. actually we just all got pissed and laughed at ourselves too for a while. A while being just over three decades - half a decade of serious local competition and the red side is imploding!

No women's team, no coherent youth policy, no vision. Not sending out a good message are they, particularly when the blue half is talking about building a sporting complex to rival anything seen worldwide, chasing titles on every level and investing in the future relentlessly.

Seriously though, can they really go crying that all the best youngsters seem to want to go to the team with the best facilities? Even their ex-players send their sons to us, soon maybe their daughters also at the rate women's footy is taking off. That surely shows that any loyalty they have is overruleed by knowing what is best for their children.

United have sleepwalked into troubles largely after resting on their laurels following their successes of the 90s, whilst their fans were shouting about being the best club in the world, they forgot to cement their position with any kind of meaningful infrastructure and planning. This can be kind of summed up with their decision to buy Van Perise - forget the future, GPC wants to go out on a bang! Where was the investment off the back of all that prize money, all those shirt sales worldwide? I'll tell you where, in the Glazer's black pockets. Either that or they are as creative with their incomes as they are with stadium attendances. So they can hardly come crying now when someone is talking advantage of their lack of strategy and foresight.

It's a safety net for De Gea surely. if the Madrid moves goes tits up he's got a guaranteed £40 million plus contract to ease the pain and options to move if there's a built in release clause in his contract.

Well that's one way to stop us hammering them every week at youth level. I remember the days when we took our ball home and refused to play them because they won a few games against us. Oh , hang on.. actually we just all got pissed and laughed at ourselves too for a while. A while being just over three decades - half a decade of serious local competition and the red side is imploding!

No women's team, no coherent youth policy, no vision. Not sending out a good message are they, particularly when the blue half is talking about building a sporting complex to rival anything seen worldwide, chasing titles on every level and investing in the future relentlessly.

Seriously though, can they really go crying that all the best youngsters seem to want to go to the team with the best facilities? Even their ex-players send their sons to us, soon maybe their daughters also at the rate women's footy is taking off. That surely shows that any loyalty they have is overruleed by knowing what is best for their children.

United have sleepwalked into troubles largely after resting on their laurels following their successes of the 90s, whilst their fans were shouting about being the best club in the world, they forgot to cement their position with any kind of meaningful infrastructure and planning. This can be kind of summed up with their decision to buy Van Perise - forget the future, GPC wants to go out on a bang! Where was the investment off the back of all that prize money, all those shirt sales worldwide? I'll tell you where, in the Glazer's black pockets. Either that or they are as creative with their incomes as they are with stadium attendances. So they can hardly come crying now when someone is talking advantage of their lack of strategy and foresight.

Great post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.