United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
4000 posts on a football forum in 14 months, has van gaal era ever satisfied a woman? And does his post code have M in it? Two big questions of the day.
He sounds a bit of a needy **** if you ask me. I pm'd him on ragcafe (I know I know but I joined in 2011 after we won the fa cup to gloat like fuck but it didn't happen. ) anyway I pm'd him and asked what his bluemoon name was and signed off with cheers bertie and a kiss .....the weird **** got all precious and got me banned.....absolutely devastated I was. Ha ha

There are different types of rivalries.
You could argue that Chelsea are our biggest rivals and our games against them are our most important. They are our biggest on pitch rivals.
But on the terraces and in the pubs and work place, utd are , and will always be our biggest rivals.
I've moved away from Manchester a few years ago now, not too far, but in my workplace, and local pubs there are a lot of Liverpool fans, so to me, that game is now extremely important to me on a personal level.

He sounds a bit of a needy **** if you ask me. I pm'd him on ragcafe (I know I know but I joined in 2011 after we won the fa cup to gloat like fuck but it didn't happen. ) anyway I pm'd him and asked what his bluemoon name was and signed off with cheers bertie and a kiss .....the weird **** got all precious and got me banned.....absolutely devastated I was. Ha ha

What could 4000 posts be about on united considering how abject shite they've been since 2014? If he spends all his time being a voyeur on here why don't he sign up and we will talk to him. There's nothing wrong with dialogue is there?

What could 4000 posts be about on united considering how abject shite they've been since 2014? If he spends all his time being a voyeur on here why don't he sign up and we will talk to him. There's nothing wrong with dialogue is there?
I guess he's your typical gobshite utd fan. Can't shut them up if they win and dissappear when they lose. I kind of think he posts on here already but acts as a city fan. Apparently him and his plastic mates try and get the words rags and bitter in their posts on here.

Everton and arsenal away in the next 3 games will see where there at in the title race! Then they have us so they will be back round the 3rd or 4th mark

To be fair, what you're agreeing with there is that the rivalry only started in the late 70's when Liverpool started winning things... in other words United fans were jealous of them and created the 'rivalry', so you're actually saying Shallyman is wrong! – as Gary has commented, things were probably worse at Leeds v United games back then and I know Rags who still have a deep down hatred of Leeds down to this, but just laugh at Scousers these days. The other thing worth noting is that in a lot of cases the Liverpool/United rivalry was used by Rags as wind-up to us because we were so shit... kind of a "you're not even good enough to be our rivals" thing.

It's still used by rags - both within and outside the stinking shithole that is owed scaffold - as a way to attempt to put us down, even though the scummy bastards know we are actually a much bigger danger to them than the Liverpudlian candle-wavers.

Whenever the rags-mourners match comes around, you will find someone related to that cesspool - be it GPC, pisshead Paddy or dozy David - telling anyone who will listen - that Liverpool has always been their biggest game because they feel the need to try to belittle us at every opportunity.

Head above the parapet time here - I'm going to side with Shallyman. IIRC, the United/Liverpool rivalry started to spice up a bit in the late seventies, when Liverpool started to win the league more regularly (they won it three times in the 12 years in the top flight under Shankly, then 8 times in 11 seasons from 1975/6 onwards). It became quite nasty from both sides pretty quickly, as well. The Manc derby was different in that it was the game that you'd get merciless stick for at school if you lost, and certainly in the late seventies, it was a huge event on both sides. But then, the match could definitely go either way, City had more Wembley appearances and the like through the seventies, and by the time we were averaging home gates of over 40K between 76 and 78, that probably meant that the Manchester region had fairly equal numbers of match-going fans for both clubs. (United's gates were bigger than ours, but even then, they used to draw a lot of out-of-towners).

What really turned things round was that City were so poor for so long. After our victory in the derby at Maine Road in February 1981, we won one more competitive fixture against United in the next 21 years and 9 months. After we went down in 1983, we played outside the top flight for nine of the next 20 seasons, so for nearly 50% of the time, there wasn't even a proper Manchester derby, just the odd friendly or testimonial. In the light of that, it's hardly surprising that the occasion lost its edge and United fans started to regard Liverpool as the bigger game - and it happened very quickly after we failed to offer any meaningful derby challenge.

If, over the coming years, we have City and United competing with each other in the title race and having more major Cup games against one another while Liverpool predominantly finish in the Europa League places, things will probably start to change. However, it will take some time, I'd have thought. We certainly always got to them a bit even when we were shit and they were winning everything in sight. Any protestations that they saw us irrelevant to them were given the lie by things like that banner, while you could often hear lots of signing about us when they played in one of their rare (arf!) televised games. But I think we're deluding ourselves a little if we suggest that the derby has, in the last couple of decades or a bit more, generally been the game even local United fans would regard as their biggest.

Can't say it matters to me anyway. We're not the City of old any more and they know they've got a hell of a fight if they want to be the more successful club in Manchester these days. That's what counts for me now.

I doff my cap to you, Sir. Not only an impressive memory for details, but articulated in such a way that I was nodding furiously. You're a better man that most.

There's a short poem that journalist's and writers often use. It goes...

Facts all come with a point of view
Facts don't do what I want them to

I guess he's your typical gobshite utd fan. Can't shut them up if they win and dissappear when they lose. I kind of think he posts on here already but acts as a city fan. Apparently him and his plastic mates try and get the words rags and bitter in their posts on here.

So he's got time to post 4000 posts on a United forum and also logs onto here to see how many times he can post 'massive' and 'bitter'. When does this guy work or have time to play with his train set?

There are different types of rivalries.
You could argue that Chelsea are our biggest rivals and our games against them are our most important. They are our biggest on pitch rivals.
But on the terraces and in the pubs and work place, utd are , and will always be our biggest rivals.
I've moved away from Manchester a few years ago now, not too far, but in my workplace, and local pubs there are a lot of Liverpool fans, so to me, that game is now extremely important to me on a personal level.

whats the weather like in wales this time of the year

I doff my cap to you, Sir. Not only an impressive memory for details, but articulated in such a way that I was nodding furiously. You're a better man that most.

There's a short poem that journalist's and writers often use. It goes...

Facts all come with a point of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Here's another poem..
You come on here giving it this and that..
Fuckoff back to ragcafe you gobby twat.
Fuckin ouuusshhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.