United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata has no doubt the team will be lifting trophies within the next 12 months because of their winning mentality.

The Red Devils have not won major silverware since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013.

However, United - who finished fifth in the Premier League - could end the season with a trophy by beating Crystal Palace in the FA Cup on Saturday.

"This club is going to be fighting for titles," Mata told BBC Sport.

"Manchester United is all about winning and having that mentality and winning in style. I am sure this club is going to be fighting for trophies again."
Bobby Charlton: Man Utd will finish above Man City next season

_74737782_bobbycharltongetty1.jpg

Sir Bobby Charlton
Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has guaranteed supporters the club will finish above rivals Manchester City next season.

City are on course to win the Premier League title, while United have endured a tough campaign and sacked David Moyes as manager in April.

But Charlton, a director at United, says it will be different in 2014-15.

"Next year I guarantee that we will be number one in Manchester. We like to be first and we will be first," he said.

Charlton, who was speaking at United's player of the year awards, says that whoever replaces Moyes in charge of the club will be given significant funds to spend.

Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal is the favourite to take over and earlier this week said he wants the job.

Ryan Giggs is handed a Manchester United lifetime achievement award by Sir Bobby Charlton
"We will have to buy a couple of players, which will happen," added 76-year-old Charlton, who is is the all-time top goal scorer at Old Trafford and played 758 times for the club.

"I am looking forward a lot to next year because Manchester United is not renowned for being second."

Caretaker manager Ryan Giggs picked up a lifetime achievement award at United's awards dinner for his longstanding service to the club.

Goalkeeper David De Gea won both the United supporters' player of the year and players' player of the year awards.

Meanwhile, United defender Rio Ferdinand, who is out of contract this summer and wants to stay at Old Trafford, plans to carry on playing next season even if it is at another club.

"I am fit, I am healthy and I want to continue," Ferdinand, 35, said.

Sir Bobby Charlton
Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has guaranteed supporters the club will finish above rivals Manchester City next season.

City are on course to win the Premier League title, while United have endured a tough campaign and sacked David Moyes as manager in April.

"Next year I guarantee that we will be number one in Manchester. We like to be first and we will be first," he said.

Charlton, who was speaking at United's player of the year awards, says that whoever replaces Moyes in charge of the club will be given significant funds to spend.

Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal is the favourite to take over and earlier this week said he wants the job.

Ryan Giggs is handed a Manchester United lifetime achievement award by Sir Bobby Charlton
"We will have to buy a couple of players, which will happen," added 76-year-old Charlton, who is is the all-time top goal scorer at Old Trafford and played 758 times for the club.

"I am looking forward a lot to next year because Manchester United is not renowned for being second."

Caretaker manager Ryan Giggs picked up a lifetime achievement award at United's awards dinner for his longstanding service to the club.

Goalkeeper David De Gea won both the United supporters' player of the year and players' player of the year awards.

Meanwhile, United defender Rio Ferdinand, who is out of contract this summer and wants to stay at Old Trafford, plans to carry on playing next season even if it is at another club.

Haha i remember that well

Sir Bobby Charlton

Not obsessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.