United thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
never heard of him.
Is he any good?
Yes. Bit raw but brilliant in the air and physically dominant, huge upgrade on Blind or Rojo at centre half, unfortunately. They still need 8 more first teamers though and that's if they keep the doughnut thief.

Mega_Mushroom_2_by_MegaMushroom.jpg

Yes. Bit raw but brilliant in the air and physically dominant, huge upgrade on Blind or Rojo at centre half, unfortunately. They still need 8 more first teamers though and that's if they keep the doughnut thief.
bit like mangala then

He must have improved quite a bit then ?
18 months ago for Ivory Coast, he was that bad the commentator referred to him as looking more like a Green Grocer than a footballer (or words to that effect), he was absolutely awful. looked rash and a complete liabilty, more than happy for them to have him just on those few showings I saw.

18 months ago for Ivory Coast, he was that bad the commentator referred to him as looking more like a Green Grocer than a footballer (or words to that effect), he was absolutely awful. looked rash and a complete liabilty, more than happy for them to have him just on those few showings I saw.

He's come on leaps and bounds then, key part of a very stingey Villarreal defence this year.

Hope you're right Harry, - though I remember a young German team getting royally slagged off in the early career of Mertesacker whom I thought might have been of French origin (name sounds like bag of ***** in French). Turns out that was their transitional rebuild phase and look at them now.
But I really hope you're right.

He's come on leaps and bounds then, key part of a very stingey Villarreal defence this year.

Fair enough and cheers, although just read a "stat" which claimed Villarreal's defence conceded 1.1 goals per game with him, and 0.5 without, which is mildly interesting if true, that aside, he just reminds me of Chris Smalling, 'wardrobe on wheels' with the ball at his feet and reliant on his physical attributes making last ditch tackles, which may not be a bad thing in some circumstances, and maybe he'll get an easy ride with officials with his rashness, we'll have to see.

Hope you're right Harry, - though I remember a young German team getting royally slagged off in the early career of Mertesacker whom I thought might have been of French origin (name sounds like bag of ***** in French). Turns out that was their transitional rebuild phase and look at them now.
But I really hope you're right.

I haven't seen him play for 18 months mate as saw no reason to (yes he was THAT bad), but I remember reading he was the youngest member of the squad and was only included a month prior at that time, so that needs to be a consideration (as does the fact IC were probably the best team in the competition by far), but you know when you see glaring weakness's in a player regardless of age/experience, that was the over-riding thought I had with this lad, one of those players who look like they have a mistake in him every game, and more than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.