United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if already posted (from bbc)

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been asked to clarify the comments he made before Sunday's derby defeat by Manchester City.

The Football Association has requested observations from the Portuguese regarding his pre-match news conference on the Friday before the game.

Mourinho suggested City players go to ground easily, saying: "A little bit of wind and they fall."

He has until 18:00 GMT on Monday to respond to the FA.
The main question to come from this though is why Arsene Wenger wasn't asked to clarify almost identical comments he made before Arsenal's game with us.

‘‘Twas the 10th of December,
Reds 8 points behind,
Mourinho was planning,
Not one clue could he find.
Men against boys,
And this was no friendly,
2-1 at home,
Silva, Otamendi.
‘It’s not fair!’ - he whined,
He did curse and did cuss,
‘If only I’d done anything,
But park that big bus.’
It drove him insane, to the land of cuckoo,
Two assists from the clown - Romelu Lukaku.
Beaten at home for the whole world to see,
‘I know!’ said Jose,
‘I’ll blame the referee!’
Nobody laughed, it wasn’t too funny,
‘But..but...,’ came the cry,
‘At least we earn our own money!’
Unimpressed as they were,
With their teams lowly feats,
All that was left was to sing:
‘Empty seats!’
Worn out old songs,
And dreary sad rhymes,
Still living on the treble,
Hollow chants of ‘20 times’.
When all’s said and done they’re left feeling bereft,
Ranting on about history,
As is it’s all they’ve got left.
The reds fans went home, in a collective trance,
To Dublin and Belfast, London, Penzance.
But all that mattered after, by a quarter to seven,
Was the eight point gap had now grown to eleven.

Not my work but a masterpiece

Anyone any thoughts on what comments are being referred to? Or are there so many you can just take your pick?
Anyone any thoughts on what comments are being referred to? Or are there so many you can just take your pick?
I might be wrong, but is Jose not under some sort of probation for pre-match comments, trying to influence ref's?
With this changing room melee, and his statements disparaging our intelligence, it looks like they're proper gunning for him now.
He could do with getting that T-shirt off Mario!
Old Bobby Charlton will be loving this, he warned them

The funniest thing to me is all these rags on the cafe not even knowing how contradictory they are. First Pep is such a check book manager and is only winning because he buys the best players. Then why is it when you ask them De Gea is better than Ederson? Valencia and Young are better full backs than Walker and Delph. Matic is better than Dihno. Pobga is better then De Bruyne. Rashford and Martial is better than Sterling and Sane. Surely according to them then they have a better squad yet got played off the park in the derby!

They are declining in every thinkable way. Even tho they're second in the league.
José is past his selling date. His tactics and mindgames are outdated. Their squad is nothing special. They are nothing special.

It truly was Sir Alex FC after all these years.

They are declining in every thinkable way. Even tho they're second in the league.
José is past his selling date. His tactics and mindgames are outdated. Their squad is nothing special. They are nothing special.

It truly was Sir Alex FC after all these years.

They have 38 points from 17 games. That's title challenging form in all past seasons. They are not in some decline as we think, but looking so much inferior in comparison to City alone. Last season they were permanently at 6th, now they are solidifying 2nd spot. That's surely an improvement, even though nothing special.

They have the best defense already. They only need Griezmann, Bale and 2 decent fullbacks to seriously challenge us next season (unless Mou implodes and runs to PSG).

‘‘Twas the 10th of December,
Reds 8 points behind,
Mourinho was planning,
Not one clue could he find.
Men against boys,
And this was no friendly,
2-1 at home,
Silva, Otamendi.
‘It’s not fair!’ - he whined,
He did curse and did cuss,
‘If only I’d done anything,
But park that big bus.’
It drove him insane, to the land of cuckoo,
Two assists from the clown - Romelu Lukaku.
Beaten at home for the whole world to see,
‘I know!’ said Jose,
‘I’ll blame the referee!’
Nobody laughed, it wasn’t too funny,
‘But..but...,’ came the cry,
‘At least we earn our own money!’
Unimpressed as they were,
With their teams lowly feats,
All that was left was to sing:
‘Empty seats!’
Worn out old songs,
And dreary sad rhymes,
Still living on the treble,
Hollow chants of ‘20 times’.
When all’s said and done they’re left feeling bereft,
Ranting on about history,
As is it’s all they’ve got left.
The reds fans went home, in a collective trance,
To Dublin and Belfast, London, Penzance.
But all that mattered after, by a quarter to seven,
Was the eight point gap had now grown to eleven.

Not my work but a masterpiece

Fantastic

They have 38 points from 17 games. That's title challenging form in all past seasons. They are not in some decline as we think, but looking so much inferior in comparison to City alone. Last season they were permanently at 6th, now they are solidifying 2nd spot. That's surely an improvement, even though nothing special.

They have the best defense already. They only need Griezmann, Bale and 2 decent fullbacks to seriously challenge us next season (unless Mou implodes and runs to PSG).
Joint best defence, meanwhile we're missing Mendy and Stones, while 4 of our defenders are in their first season at the club. I'd argue that we can improve in that area next season. Sané, Sterling and Jesus will improve year on year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.