United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking to get the best out of Sanchez and Martial maybe they need to play a false 9 role. I can imagine Dybala being used here. Sanchez and Martial as the 2 inside forwards. Pogba and Lingard as the number 8s with a really good deep playmaker like Carrick Prime as the number 6

And if that doesn't work they can always lump it up to Fellaini

agreed - 2017/18 season - total apps 49 - 12 goals
Raheem Sterling - 44 total apps - 23 goals.
Rashford is only 20 though, I think Pep would make a cracking player out of Rashford. Not that I want him or that we’ll go for him or owt but he’s the sort of player Pep would make a lot out of

I was thinking to get the best out of Sanchez and Martial maybe they need to play a false 9 role. I can imagine Dybala being used here. Sanchez and Martial as the 2 inside forwards. Pogba and Lingard as the number 8s with a really good deep playmaker like Carrick Prime as the number 6
Nah, both best on the left where they have the fullback constantly worried about them cutting in, put a player like them in the centre and you show them far wide onto their stronger foot all day where they can't do much damage.

When they first came onto the scene Rashford and Martial both possessed the rather rudimentary 'ability' to just run at defenders with pace, stumble and bundle their way through and somehow find themselves clean through on goal, neither were particularly skilful or talented but it was relatively effective.

They don't even seem capable of doing that now, whether defenders have sussed them out or Mourinho has coached any attacking instinct out them, who knows.

And make up an excuse when it fails.
Launch into a 12 minute monologue saying that's what the team has been doing for the last 6 years and the supporters should be used to it.
And then say a hundred times that Sevilla is a world class team, criticize a few of his players ánd then leave in a rush before anyone asks a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.