United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, the Dippers just can't defend corners, or any set piece, so Peg will have his players targeting the fullbacks
in order to win these, if Liverpool concede more than a few corners, then the tall, powerful players will get the nod ins.
So, for me, the gurning waffler needs to get his team to fly out of the traps and pressure like fuck, in the hope that a quick
goal or two may just clinch it.
He does have some decent forwards, they'll need to be on top of their game to win this.

Mourinho is supreme at owning games like these, especially against managers (and players) who let their emotions get carried away with them. It's a principal reason why we won the title in 2014. The slip was the symptom as much as the cause. A player coached by Mourohno that week wouldn't have done that imo. He mentally prepares his players brilliantly to suck the life out of the opposition, rather than themselves. I simply cannot see Liverpool winning this game.

Wrong. Rags vs L***s.

Nope. You either want the rags to win because it benefits us - they will take points off a title challenger say - or (overwhelmingly more likely) you want the rags to lose in the most embarrassing and humiliating fashion possible.

Mourinho is supreme at owning games like these, especially against managers (and players) who let their emotions get carried away with them. It's a principal reason why we won the title in 2014. The slip was the symptom as much as the cause. A player coached by Mourohno that week wouldn't have done that imo. He mentally prepares his players brilliantly to suck the life out of the opposition, rather than themselves. I simply cannot see Liverpool winning this game.

I am wondering how many decent performances Liverpool have put in v Utd in recent times, compared to their showing vs us. They haven't even looked particularly 'up' for it imo.

Having said that, they are due a performance & if they do turn up & Utd are to get something there, they will have to perform as you suggest, which is a much higher level than anything we have seen them do so far this season.

I am wondering how many decent performances Liverpool have put in v Utd in recent times, compared to their showing vs us. They haven't even looked particularly 'up' for it imo.

Having said that, they are due a performance & if they do turn up & Utd are to get something there, they will have to perform as you suggest, which is a much higher level than anything we have seen them do so far this season.
Their performances against united in recent years have been utterly feeble, in contrast, as you say, to games against us. Eeez strange.

Their performances against united in recent years have been utterly feeble, in contrast, as you say, to games against us. Eeez strange.

From a Liverpool perspective, this is an ideal chance for them to put their season back on course.

If they were to beat the rags, the bullshit waggon would do an about turn & be headed back up the hill, pulled by rocket boosters. Most of their players would go back to being rated higher than ours, Champions League would be back on, etc etc.

Won't hold my breath though.

From a Liverpool perspective, this is an ideal chance for them to put their season back on course.

If they were to beat the rags, the bullshit waggon would do an about turn & be headed back up the hill, pulled by rocket boosters. Most of their players would go back to being rated higher than ours, Champions League would be back on, etc etc.

Won't hold my breath though.
I wouldn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.