United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are though aren't they.

Not Lukaku as he's average. But football clubs are money printing machines now. As a fan I'd rather we spent our turnover on players rather than huge dividends to the owner/shareholders.
id rather drop price to getting in to watch but cant have everything nothing goes down in reality

To be fair, Jesus was always more of a risk though. Who could have said if he'd adapt to the PL before he got here? Whereas Lukaku for all his faults, has had an excellent goalscoring record for 5 years now.

12/13: 17 in 38
13/14: 16 in 33
14/15: 20 in 48
15/16: 25 in 46
16/17: 26 in 39

He's a way better prospect than Morata, in my opinion. I think in the current market, £75m would be about right for him, but not with all the add ons and insane agent's fees. But he's also perfect for Mourinho's anti-football. His hold up play and aerial threat are as good as anyone, and he's capable of the odd moment of magic. He's very much in the Drogba mould. They might find that some of the other players score more with him in the team, because he's pretty good at bringing others into the game. But yeah, his technique is nowhere near in the league of someone like Suarez or Griezmann and the team needs to be built around him for him to perform well.

How many of those were critical goals. i.e.matchwinners. The one criticism most everton fans have of him is he didn't score enough of them.

"Not worth the fee" is such a weird argument. Especially from City fans when we've spent over the odds for the last 9 years. Top clubs don't worry about big fees, it's the cost of putting yourself in position to win trophies in the toughest league in the world. He makes them a better side and scores against us for fun.

Still third best striker in Manchester, mind.

Utd should be in the market for world class players given their stature in the game
Lukaku is like dining in a Michelin starred restaurant and choosing rump steak & chips but paying top dollar for it

Papers now all saying between £90m and £100m including add one.
That would be fine if the add-ons were things like, "If we win the Champions League..." But as I understand it, they're pretty easy to achieve targets, so yeah, it's a rip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.