United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well well it's looking like another dips cup for the more pages than any other club thread on Bluemoon.

Hopefully it'll at least give them something to take on a parade.

Roll on 19/20 & the rags being back in their rightful place as consistent winner of this particular award.

It's a very tall order as the dips are 30 odd pages in front with a minor game to go to close out the season but if anyone can come second it's them.

All together now....If you hate Man United post a post ;)

I’m surprised that it’s not the thread with the sixth most posts.

I have no evidence whatsoever but I've said it earlier in this thread...I personally feel the Glazers are lining the club up for selling.
  • Removing the big earners from the payroll
  • Extending the contracts of certain lesser, older players, who will stay on average/mediocre wages, thus not spending upwards of £100m on two centre halves.
  • Looking to sign kids that will likely have a positive sell on price in the next few years.
  • They can then take even more from the profits of the club. Can even play the "investing in youth" card.

If they only spend small(ish) this year, in comparison to what we would normally expect, it further fits my conspiracy.

Wasn't their sponsorship supposed to drop as well if they were outside the Chumps League?

Like I said, no evidence, not an expert, just putting pieces together that fit my supposition.

Well well it's looking like another dips cup for the more pages than any other club thread on Bluemoon.

Hopefully it'll at least give them something to take on a parade.

Roll on 19/20 & the rags being back in their rightful place as consistent winner of this particular award.

It's a very tall order as the dips are 30 odd pages in front with a minor game to go to close out the season but if anyone can come second it's them.

All together now....If you hate Man United post a post ;)
'post a post'!!!!

I have no evidence whatsoever but I've said it earlier in this thread...I personally feel the Glazers are lining the club up for selling.
  • Extending the contracts of certain lesser, older players, who will stay on average/mediocre wages, thus not spending upwards of £100m on two centre halves.
  • Looking to sign kids that will likely have a positive sell on price in the next few years.
  • They can then take even more from the profits of the club. Can even play the "investing in youth" card.

If they only spend small(ish) this year, in comparison to what we would normally expect, it further fits my conspiracy.

Wasn't their sponsorship supposed to drop as well if they were outside the Chumps League?

Like I said, no evidence, not an expert, just putting pieces together that fit my supposition.
Or they're skint & have a big elephant in the room that's getting smaller and smaller every season.

I read that more as the Glazers trying to trim costs with the aim of maximising revenue and profits so their dividends and standard of living don't slip.

I think the Adidas money is reduced if the rags have two consecutive seasons out of the Champs League. So far the jammy bastards have managed to avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.