United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a catch 22 at all, they just need to bite the bullet and cough up the £30m to sack Mourinho.

Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez, Linedlof are all under performing. These are players who've shown they've got great potential or have performed at a much higher level under different managers.

Bring in a good manager, and United have the making of a squad which could be great. I still think it'd be a way off competing with us in last season's form, but it would be comfortably third place and give them a stable base to build from.

The great thing from our perspective though is they seem incapable of selecting a great manager and then giving them what they need, and by the time they do, half those potentially great players will be gone, or so far gone they might not get back to their best.

I wouldn't want them picking up Pochettino in the summer though.

Get what you are saying but I dont agree about the could be a great squad, i think pogba is over rated, lindelof cant cut it, sanchez is taking the cash cow and we dodged a bullet there

throw in valencia, fellaini, smalling, jones, young these are all bang average players. then you have matic whose legs are not mobile enough and mata reaching the latter stages of his career, lukaku is hit and miss

martial apart who probably could become better but even that is in hindsight

The Guardian reporting that United are backing Mourinho over Pogba and "may" consider an offer in January.

It's heartbreaking when a loving relationship breaks down like this...

I don't think it's a catch 22 at all, they just need to bite the bullet and cough up the £30m to sack Mourinho.

Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez, Linedlof are all under performing. These are players who've shown they've got great potential or have performed at a much higher level under different managers.

Bring in a good manager, and United have the making of a squad which could be great. I still think it'd be a way off competing with us in last season's form, but it would be comfortably third place and give them a stable base to build from.

The great thing from our perspective though is they seem incapable of selecting a great manager and then giving them what they need, and by the time they do, half those potentially great players will be gone, or so far gone they might not get back to their best.

I wouldn't want them picking up Pochettino in the summer though.
Think you're severely overestimating their sqaud. They'd need to spend at least another £250m before thinking about competing for the title
Too many players who aren't good enough or are the wrong side of 30

They are in a world of shite at the moment.

4 cupss possible at the start of the season, already out of the one they had the most chance of winning. 8 points behind Liverpool and 6 behind us in the title race so it would appear that ones fucked as well.

So they are down to the FA cup and CL.

The reality is their season is already over now.

On paper the players are decent, i just don't think the're being managed well.

Pogba is a bloody good player, he's just not being played right and that's down to the manager
The problem with Pogba is that he is always looking to try put in a trick or play a Hollywood pass, rather than just play the easy pass; great in a team of Galactico's, but not in that current team of Swamp Donkeys. Whilst this might come off 1 in 10 times, the rest of the time he either slows down the play or looses the ball. If this hasn't been coached out of him by now, I suspect it never will be.

Pogba vs Mou will dominate headlines and water cooler banter but the Alexis debacle is just as embarrassing. Mou and United wanted so badly to sign him so City wouldn’t, they failed to properly assess whether he was the right fit for a Mou team

Genius from Txiki et al, United saddled with an underperforming player with a virtually immovable contract

Feel for Rashford, seems a good lad and wants to thrive at United but Mou is wrong for him - Carragher was right about him moving away to improve

To be honest Mourinho is a great manager, honestly he is. His track record speaks for itself and he would do a lot of good at most clubs, I think he is better suited though at relatively poorer clubs where he can build the teams he wants. His problem is the club he is at, he has been found out in England mostly because he has inherited a dressing rooms of egos and a culture that someone like Pep wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

For them it comes down to transfer policy and he either has no say or very little say and that is pretty much why they are in the state they are. He hasn't got the backing to get rid of the rot and buy in the team he wants, he didn't have that at Chelsea really the second time around either.

For them spending £200m on Pogba or £300k a week on Sanchez is more important than using a portion of that to get them a Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and Fernandinho.

He won't go I don't think but to be honest it is pointless any manager going there because they are only interested in signing players that sell shirts.

Great Post

Get what you are saying but I dont agree about the could be a great squad, i think pogba is over rated, lindelof cant cut it, sanchez is taking the cash cow and we dodged a bullet there

throw in valencia, fellaini, smalling, jones, young these are all bang average players. then you have matic whose legs are not mobile enough and mata reaching the latter stages of his career, lukaku is hit and miss

martial apart who probably could become better but even that is in hindsight

Think you're severely overestimating their sqaud. They'd need to spend at least another £250m before thinking about competing for the title
Too many players who aren't good enough or are the wrong side of 30

I think you're falling into the trap of underestimating the players because they're being managed poorly.

It's not luck that we wanted Pogba and Sanchez and Fred but they'd all been poor while our signings have been exceptional. We aren't dodging bullets, you're just seeing great players go into a bad environment, with little individual coaching, no real style of play, and a dressing room with zero morale, while on the other side of town, great players are going into a great environment, happy dressing room and receiving great coaching.

Pogba in form from Juventus or France alongside Fred and Matic would be a midfield worthy of a title contender. Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial in form is the same as a front line. The goalkeeper is obviously good enough.

So you have the defence, where Luke Shaw seems to be coming out of hibernation finally, Diogo Dalot looks good and had a big reputation as a potential future star for a reason, and Bailly is fine when he's not injured. Lindelof was a massive prospect before Mourinho ruined him and when he plays for Sweden even after barely playing for United he looks like he could be useful.

They probably need another 2 fullbacks and a CB and they'd be at worst guaranteed top 4 and playing some decent football.

It's 90% in the manager.

The problem with Pogba is that he is always looking to try put in a trick or play a Hollywood pass, rather than just play the easy pass; great in a team of Galactico's, but not in that current team of Swamp Donkeys. Whilst this might come off 1 in 10 times, the rest of the time he either slows down the play or looses the ball. If this hasn't been coached out of him by now, I suspect it never will be.

Just reminded me there. first game against Leicester and he did a Zaza style pen, you'd hope Mourinho would have a word about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.