United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but that is bollocks.

You are putting it all on the manager and their problems run much fucking deeper than that.

Exactly. Their problem is deep. Chopping and changing managers whilst maintaining the status quo for them won't change much at all.

Is the Paper Boy any good as a manager? Who knows exactly, but I'm inclined to think he's mediocre. It does seem that he has restraints on his power regarding football related decisions, reserved instead for Eddie Two Planks and their leeching owners, who are utterly clueless. I doubt any manager alone can get them out of this unless they make bigger changes.

Last edited:
Screenshot please, I won't give clicks to the stretford/merseyside grauniad.
Well don't then though you are missing a good take down of all things raggy,but I'm not about to get an earful off the mods for pasting an article,does nobody read the rules on here?
  • Don't copy and paste articles from other publications, as it infringes copyright laws. Please provide links to any articles you wish to reference instead.

You are putting it all on the manager and their problems run much fucking deeper than that.

That's not what I said at all.

I didn't say the manager was their only problem.

I didnt say getting rid of him would solve everything for them.

So I dont know how you managed to come away thinking that.

A good manager with half decent players would get results. That’s what he’s trying to say. The problems they have deeper than that were there when Fergie was there. Him being a good manager with a decent team meant them problems behind the scenes didn’t matter.

Even with a very good team Ole won’t know his arse from his elbow as he is utterly clueless as a football manager. What the poster you quoted was trying to say (I believe) is that with a couple of signings of this standard, with a much better manager installed could be the helping hand they need to compete more again.

Their problem will be first of all convincing the good players to go. The way most have declined there would be enough to put anybody off.

Paperboy is the 4th manager since gpc decided he couldnt hack it anymore. They have consistently thrown money at the situation and are no nearer to a title challenge.
Fernandes could be a good player as I know very little about him but will he fit into a kick & rush counter attacking team. Will he be willing to do the defensive tracking back ( that KDB didnt do in the 1st season under Pep) or will he be like Pogba who when he actually wants to play is allowed to do what he wants.

Fernandes aside they’re being linked with Diop at WHU and Jiminez at WHW. Wow how the mighty have fallen, was a time they showed interest and nearly any player in the world would’ve signed. They’re gone.

Fernandes aside they’re being linked with Diop at WHU and Jiminez at WHW. Wow how the mighty have fallen, was a time they showed interest and nearly any player in the world would’ve signed. They’re gone.
Teetering on the precipice.

Two pushes required: Finishing the job in the League Cup, and more importantly seeing them miss out on CL qualification.

It’s tempting* to sign up for sad cafe just to bump all those ‘we’re signing neymar!’ threads.

* not really

Exactly. Their problem is deep. Chopping and changing managers whilst maintaining the status quo for them won't change much at all.

Is the Paper Boy any good as a manager? Who knows exactly, but I'm inclined to think he's mediocre. It does seem that he has restraints on his power regarding football related decisions, reserved instead for Eddie Two Planks and their leeching owners, who are utterly clueless. I doubt any manager alone can get them out of this unless they make bigger changes.

Is that even up for debate? Have a look at him on the bench/touchline in ANY game - he looks totally and utterly lost, bewildered and clueless.

Sometimes they get good results, very very occasionally they play a half decent game but none of that is down to his management, just the fact that their players are better than some other teams and will occasionally get it right on the pitch because of that.

Sometimes they get good results, very very occasionally they play a half decent game but none of that is down to his management, just the fact that their players are better than some other teams and will occasionally get it right on the pitch because of that.

That's like us under Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.