United thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Last edited: 14 Feb 2020
  2. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Team supported:
    just give me equality
    We have been saying that in here for ages, remember the photo of the water pouring in from the roof ?
    I loved this bit in the Mirrors (nicked from the daily mail) article ….
    'Despite United's status as one of the biggest and most well-supported clubs in world football, they appear to have fallen behind neighbours Manchester City in terms of attractiveness to investors.
    The Mail says financiers believe it was significant that private equity giant Silver Lake invested £380m in City, rather than United, when they moved into the Premier League in November.'

Not only are we stamping all over them on the field but we are thrashing them off it as well.
    Oh and they also say that if development were to go ahead they would have to find a temporary home, we had better not let them share ours, sod that for a game of cricket.

3. waspish

waspish

Yep we know the scum are trying to come up with a plan so they don’t have to pay for refurb. They say 200m to update the dump can’t see the glazers wanting to invest that much so it be a bit of sticking plaster! I’m also surprise it get a certificate to host games it’s a fcuking death trap and someone has already died because of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. crazyg

crazyg

Perhaps they could play at Wembley with a 70K capacity. After all, it will be easier (and cheaper) for the majority of their fans to get to.

5. Breadsnapper

Breadsnapper

Could the glaziers not lend the scum the money at a ridiculous apr like say Ocean Finance.
    If it did come.down to them using our ground which I can't see I would give up my season ticket. The thought of my seat being occupied by rag scum is too much.

Bobbyespania and manclad like this.
  6. CharliesRightPeg

CharliesRightPeg

Just remember as well
    It's not 200 mil to refurb
    It's the loss of revenue from gate receipts and pissed off season ticket holders having lost their seats for a season or two.

7. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Does seem odd how the so called two biggest clubs in the "world" liverpool and utd both have old stadiums and havent moved into 2020 yet with modern stadiums.

8. spiny

spiny

I would also expect any refurb/redevelopment to incorporate a pitchside away supporters area and at least one large tv screen as applies to all other Premier League clubs apart from them and Liverpool.
    For United this would probably mean a reduction in capacity.

9. Ian Paisley

Ian Paisley

they could share gigg lane

10. its a Barm

its a Barm

I do hope they go to Wembley it would be hilarious the piss taking would be endless