United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ndombele, Pulisic, Pepe and Wan-Bissaka, and Rodri all good signings for the 5 of the top 6.

United will have had a decent window if they can get Maguire, Fernandes, and Dybala over the line (but how much is ticket sales talk and how much is ambition). But that might be enough to catch Spurs/Chelsea. We're light years ahead in our recruitement and titles will be very hard to come by whilst Pep is here.

I don't get dybala hype seriously even if he was to join us.For someone who was touted has next big thing,he isn't really that special

Like Alex Stepney was the rags' top (or joint top) scorer for more than half of the 1973-74 relegation season. He scored a couple of penalties but wasn't overtaken until mid January when McIlroy managed to score his third of the season.

Wasn’t a certain Francis Henry Lee top scorer at the swamp that season?

With regard to the potential swap deal with Lukaku and Dybala, is this really an upgrade for them?
He seems another player who promises a lot but delivers little, at least Lukaku comes with a guarantee of 15 to 20 goals a season.
And if Lukaku was looking to go anywhere other than Juve would the rags really be chasing Dybala?

I don't think so as City won 1-0 there that season. A certain D. Law scored the winner. The rags were so delighted they erected a statue of him outside the swamp.
denis-law-man-city-1961.jpg

What on Earth are Juve playing at? Dybala is a class act.
I'm not following Juve but from the outside he seems to be difficult to fit into some set ups. Great player when he can play in his position but a lot less influential when out of position.
Maybe a Coutinho type of "luxury" player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.