United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they failed is because people stopped going/buying/using the company. United will always have moron sheep willing to plough their money in.
I genuinely think they are close to that.

Most Utd fans are used to success and you only have to look at the absolute meltdowns on social media from plastic fans so see how unhappy they are.

You have genuine fans who will support them though thick and thin however most of their revenue comes from overseas and it's easy for those fans just to switch to teams which are successful as they have no real affinity with them

I'm revisiting a conversation i had with a Rag around 2012. I could see what was happening concerning us, and i could see what effect it was having on them. Old red nose himself was changing they way they did things just to try and stop us. Suddenly the cups became more important to him (so we didn't win them), which meant the league games suffered.

I mentioned that a long period of domination by us, could end in a death spiral for them. I was quoted the oft mention phrase that they were "too big to fail".
My reasoning was that they "had" to keep being successful or the debts could swallow them up. That they relied to much on one person (GPC), and him leaving could leave a vacuum that couldn't be filled. Lastly, young supporters don't care about history, they just support whoever is successful at the time.

I didn't really think they could fail, but i have been enjoying these years of the "gift that keeps on giving".
Each year i keep thinking maybe the gift is going, only for it to resurface after a few games.
They have no short term plan. They have no long term plan. Their sponsorship income is dependent on success.

So "are" they too big to fail?

Nothing is too big to fail.................however some things that are failing get bailed out by the powers that be - think the UK banks or GM in the states...........then remember we were told that the PL "needs" the rags..............they could fail - but I doubt it will be allowed.

The reason they failed is because people stopped going/buying/using the company. United will always have moron sheep willing to plough their money in.

Yep one if edwoods first speech was about liverpool winning fcuk all and still generated money and fans never dropped off.

ITV news just announced that Man United beat Crystal Palace 2.1 mainstream media now getting into fake news to keep the armchair masses happy.

They are exactly as bad as you'd think a team with Jesse Lingard as the #10 would be.

The fact that Solskjaer watched them pass the ball in a horseshoe around the Palace box for so much of the first half is probably the biggest indictment of his ability so far.

He had Mata and Pereira on the bench, who aren't world class but can at least pass a ball and help unlock a defence, they had Matic, who could have come on and let you move Pogba forward to look for a miracle pass.

He is a genuinely shit manager, by far their worst since Ferguson left.
Er....

14041210813_d4f7d69442_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.