United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they aren't.

Big article on Woodward in The Athletic today. He, Matt Judge (who seems to do the transfers) and Richard Arnold (who's the group Managing Director) were all accountants then investment bankers so there isn't a single football person in the top hierarchy. Also it said that they wanted a DoF to be based at their London office in Mayfair, rather than at OT/Carrington. How can you not have your DoF based close to your coaching team and players?
Lets hope they do just that and make Ferdinand the man for the job.

Hopefully they aren't.

Big article on Woodward in The Athletic today. He, Matt Judge (who seems to do the transfers) and Richard Arnold (who's the group Managing Director) were all accountants then investment bankers so there isn't a single football person in the top hierarchy. Also it said that they wanted a DoF to be based at their London office in Mayfair, rather than at OT/Carrington. How can you not have your DoF based close to your coaching team and players?
They want the DOF to be closer to the fan base....

Not a problem. Wouldn’t you like to work in Mayfair (if you were paid enough)? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Three accountants running the club plus, probably, another one as DoF. Long may it continue.
I have worked in Mayfair a couple of times as it happens (and I was paid enough). The first time I worked there was just after Sven was sacked and Garry Cook appointed as CEO and I went for a walk one lunchtime and bumped into Cook, Mark Hughes and Kia Joorabchian coming out of a hotel, where they'd been sorting out Hughes' appointment and contract.

Hopefully they aren't.

Sounds like another perfect recipe for utter failure - unbelievable Jeff .

Hopefully they aren't.

Didn't those three all go to Bristol uni together?

Apparently but they weren't friends there. I think Arnold and Woodward met on their induction at PWC. Quite appropriate they were all at Bristol though as they've managed to make it all go tits up at the rags.
Good to see your contributions on here again.. now, all Pep has to do is to rally the troops for the 30 game season we have in front of us and to ensure we get 9 more points than The Scouse Filth and the job’s a good ‘un.. ‘God’s in His heaven, all’s right with the world’ and all that..

"Humble but Arrogant"

Apparently this is Utd`s new recruitment ethos - "Humble but Arrogant"... "Young and preferably British"..." respect for team-mates but self-belief under pressure".

#mufc are keen to continue with the summer policy of signing young players (preferably British). The key is youth and character, but the club are also looking to recruit players who are 'humble but arrogant' — respect for team-mates but self-belief under pressure #mulive [times]
Is this the hoped for market differentiation by the has beens ? They have tried everything else for the past 6 years so might as well give this a go now.

No decent, established or young talent of any nationality will go anywhere near them. Not even crawling over the oft quoted broken glass of days of yore.

Cheap and cheerful is what their recruiters actually mean. It`s bargain basement time for the Rags who are now operating on a wing and a prayer.

Last edited:
If you expand that graph To Max , it goes back to about 2013.

Share price is about the same as back then.

The current 1year fall is from the high of August 2018 (why So high then? - finishing 2nd 19 points behind?!?).

Next year’s financials, will plunge the price, unless woody pulls out a blinder on replacing Chevrolet and can keep the price up on the promise of better financials the year after that. I’d say any shirt sponsorship deal is going to have some pretty drastic reductions based on performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.