United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have a point on that and as you point out stats are not always the best indicator, but let's look at this just in footballing terms. If he had that record as a striker he wouldn't be positioned as the best striker in the world, it hasn't happened for Aguero who has more of a claim than Dea Gea has of being the best goalkeeper.

Sorry, I don't follow the argument. The stat is meaningless, but you think even if it was a meaningless stat, it should prevent him being called the best in the world?

Not that anyone is calling him the best in the world anyway, and they haven't for 18 months now, it's clear that Oblak, Alisson and ter Stegen are better and they are the ones getting all the plaudits and awards. De Gea doesn't even start for Spain any more.

Sorry, I don't follow the argument. The stat is meaningless, but you think even if it was a meaningless stat, it should prevent him being called the best in the world?

Not that anyone is calling him the best in the world anyway, and they haven't for 18 months now, it's clear that Oblak, Alisson and ter Stegen are better and they are the ones getting all the plaudits and awards. De Gea doesn't even start for Spain any more.

You just agreed with me, the media have referred to him as being the best goalkeeper in the world. There are countless examples of the indoctrination by the media and the stats as they are don't point that out. My point is that he isn't but they continue to trot out the same rhetoric, here's just one example.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...est-goalkeeper-in-the-world-says-ashley-young

You just agreed with me, the media have referred to him as being the best goalkeeper in the world. There are countless examples of the indoctrination by the media and the stats as they are don't point that out. My point is that he isn't but they continue to trot out the same rhetoric, here's just one example.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...est-goalkeeper-in-the-world-says-ashley-young

Again, I really don't know what argument you're trying to make here. Ashley Young defending his teammate isn't the media indoctrinating the world that De Gea is the best keeper in the world, just like them reporting Pep saying Foden's the best player he's ever coached isn't them indoctrinating the world to think he's better than Messi.

He was the best in the world (or at the very least in the conversation) for a period, his reflex saves are still better than anyone and without him United would have been well and truly fucked in the past 3 years, but like Hart before him, he's stopped working on his weaknesses and people are exploiting them.

Again, I really don't know what argument you're trying to make here. Ashley Young defending his teammate isn't the media indoctrinating the world that De Gea is the best keeper in the world, just like them reporting Pep saying Foden's the best player he's ever coached isn't them indoctrinating the world to think he's better than Messi.

That claim is one of many and if you haven't heard the media say that Dea Gea is the best goalkeeper in the world then you have to be living under a rock. My argument is that the media promote united and this is just another facet of that, do you disagree with that?

That claim is one of many and if you haven't heard the media say that Dea Gea is the best goalkeeper in the world then you have to be living under a rock. My argument is that the media promote united and this is just another facet of that, do you disagree with that?

Yeah, the media cater to United, it's hardly groundbreaking news is it? It doesn't make him "the worst United goalkeeper in Premier League history" as you called him, and it doesn't mean he wasn't up there as possibly the best in the world for a period around 2017.

No one calls him the best in the world anymore though, except a few teammates trying to rebuild his confidence.

Yeah, the media cater to United, it's hardly groundbreaking news is it?

We have reached consensus then, so when that propaganda is debunked through the use of stats that can be nothing other than a good thing. I'm not saying you can extrapolate all truths from stats but in this instance it's a fair indicator that the premise is at best spurious and worst a lie.

If that stat is anywhere near accurate it shows just how powerful the media is in convincing people that thee worst united goalkeeper in premier league history is in fact the best goalkeeper in the world.

Actually I think it shows how gullible some supporters really are, if they lap up the media shite fed to them.

Anybody who is objective and has watched De Gea's performances for the rags or Spain, will know perfectly well that his " media fed hype " is utter nonsense and totally unsupported .

The media are good at feeding the feeble minded who simply accept the written word without challenging it .

Rags and dippers are the obvious targets for the hacks , and it's like taking candy from a baby .

The Sun: Sir Alex Ferguson ‘fixed Manchester United v Juventus game with agent who gave him gold Rolex’, court hea.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10156817/alex-ferguson-manchester-rolex-trial/

Could be interesting...
It could be very interesting if anyone ever opens United's books and takes a close look at the contracts for non-football services at the club during the 80s and 90s...but don't hold your breath.
You can be sure that these allegations in the Sun won't be re-tweeted by Dan Roan or Simon Stone even though they were said in open court and are legally safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.