United thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. hertsblue

hertsblue

Solskjaer found a way to stop Reds - Darren Fletcher

see BBC are making it sound like the paperboy is a tactical genius. All he did was put out a 300 million pound team and stick 11 behind the ball and got lucky.

laserblue and dennishasdoneit like this.
  2. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

The Rags could do with some divine intervention in their attempts to climb the table, they
    need a priest called Father up.

3. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    Yes I read that it was pure comedy.

4. blueinsa

blueinsa

Yep retreat into your own penalty area for the entire second half is a tactic i implore Pep to start using.

Genius.

5. Nellies left peg

Nellies left peg

Danny Murphy today said the rags v dippers games was tactically brilliant by both teams and he and Darren Fletcher had plenty to discuss while watching it.Bet it's a bundle of fun in the Murphy household as that was 2 poor teams whose fans must be embarrassed that they were served up such dross

6. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I fought de ger took a chance in not trying to save the dippers disallowed goal. He would have looked a right knob if VAR hadn't disallowed it !

7. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    I've played in this fixture myself and the minimum expected by supporters of any United player in a game like this is a high level of aggression and tenacity - getting up to the ball, and being hard to beat.

Sometimes, it is just about running around. That might sound like a throwaway comment but if you can do that early on to get the fans behind you and combine that with a good tactical plan, it carries you a long way.

There comments you'd expect at a lower standard of football not the fucking Premier League!! Running around should be the bare minimum.

As for a tactical plan.......... he's fucking deluded, huff and puff was all it was from both sides, hardly any quality at all and i honestly thought neither side had any idea what to do.

dennishasdoneit and blueinsa like this.
  8. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

This could probably go in numerous threads but here is as good as any as it helps show the 'tick tock bang' I'm in Waterstones at the minute in town, not a frequent visitor to the shop but I've never seen the football section be 50-50 before in the past it's been a wall of red. If anything our books are in prime places on the shelf as well.

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  9. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Team supported:
    MCFC.
    There was something a little strange in his performance yesterday...something not quite right.

10. KCblue

KCblue

Yes they let the lead slip, but that was a big point for United.

How many other relegation battling sides will pick up a point against Liverpool?