United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Sky are doing their best to make that happen.

If they do sign him, it'll be for Dortmund's asking price - but the arse-licking British media will report it as being cheaper and completely ignore the huge agent fee – or United will deny paying it like with Pogba... then again, when it was revealed they did that, the media brushed that under the carpet too!!!

I think of Pogba as the ultimate modern United player. Came with a huge fee and very gifted physically, so he can obviously do all the ball tricks, ping long passes, and hit a long shot every so often. When things do come off they make for great highlights also so he looks amazing on the end of season reel. At the same time of course he goes missing a ton, is generally underachieving, and watching him you have the nagging sense that he would be so, so much better on an actual team. Add in the tenuous link to Alex Ferguson and a big following on social media and he's basically invaluable for them. They'd pay him whatever he wants.

He's a lazy tw@ with a poor attitude... he puts in a shift once in a while, or for about ten minutes in a game... he does have the ability but can't be arsed using it most games... which is why he should never, ever be considered world class.

There’s a thread on Redcafe discussing which of the 80m+ transfers in the world should be classified as a success or not.
Generally the consensus is that it’s a even split of success/meh/flop.
There’s 2 United players on the list - pogba and Maguire, a host of Barca and PSG, and then many other one offs like Liverpool (vvd) Juve (Ronaldo) Chelsea (kepa) - out of 27.

but remember kids, it’s City (zero) who are inflating the market and ruining football.

Talked to a family member who is a lifelong united fan (Never been to a game in my recollection but done the stadium tour loads of times) he swears blind that this is the second coming and they've closed the gap.

Smug isn't the word that covers my reply to him.

17/18 - 81 points
18/19 and 19/20 - 66 points

15 points worse than under Moany and literally stood still the past 2 seasons.

"Closed the gap".

I just wonder how much dead wood they are really carrying on their wage bill. Got to be quite a bit more than the entire wage bill for some prem clubs.
Would love to see what they are paying out for players who hardly ever make a 1st team appearance.
Oh, and what if dean henderson were to jump ahead of the alpaca? £375K a week until 2023 for a bench warmer no team wants based on performance, let alone the wage demands.

I just wonder how much dead wood they are really carrying on their wage bill. Got to be quite a bit more than the entire wage bill for some prem clubs.
Would love to see what they are paying out for players who hardly ever make a 1st team appearance.
Oh, and what if dean henderson were to jump ahead of the alpaca? £375K a week until 2023 for a bench warmer no team wants based on performance, let alone the wage demands.
Similar situation to Özil at Arsenal, but funnier if were to happen.

There’s a thread on Redcafe discussing which of the 80m+ transfers in the world should be classified as a success or not.
Generally the consensus is that it’s a even split of success/meh/flop.
There’s 2 United players on the list - pogba and Maguire, a host of Barca and PSG, and then many other one offs like Liverpool (vvd) Juve (Ronaldo) Chelsea (kepa) - out of 27.

but remember kids, it’s City (zero) who are inflating the market and ruining football.

There's 3 on the list you have missed the hugely successful Lukaku, well successful at Inter, not so at the rags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.