United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting rivalries to one side but looking at it from a football supporter's point of view, I think the Glazers have been utterly shit owners for United. Any success they've had since they bought the club has been in spite of the Glazers and not because of them IMO and without all that debt being loaded onto the club, I reckon they would've won more trophies over the past 16 years than they have.

However, looking at it from a businessman's point of view, they've played an absolute blinder. The debt is no worse than it was when they first bought the club but they've increased the value of the club by 3 or 4 times what it was worth when they first bought it. United fans have absolutely no chance of getting rid of them unless there's a cash rich buyer waiting in the background, and they'll only be exiting when they decide to sell up. As you say, who is going to fork out several billion for United? Especially when you consider the current climate with the pandemic. The Saudis might but it's telling that they went for Newcastle instead who were probably worth only a tenth of what United are, so even they (the Saudis) were looking for value for money and United doesn't represent value for money.
I agree with all of this except them winning more trophies without the debt. What football decisions would/should they have made that would have been any different were it not for the leverage? I'd suggest none. They haven't been hamstrung in the transfer market -- they've just bought poorly and overpaid. That's down to the lack of a football infrastructure post-Ferguson, which is down to (1) Ferguson being completely disinterested in setting up a succession plan because it didn't include him, and (2) the Glazers being unwilling to give anyone full rein over footballing decisions as they did Ferguson.

The debt hasn't interfered with them winning trophies; it's bad management of the football side and the mishandling of organizational development that has. Long may it continue.

People who have had anything to do with United over the years, management, players, ex players and now pundits, have just woken up to the fact that the club is not in a good place. Guilt is rife, they’ve all had their grubby fingers in the pie, not built for the future. Tough. They will resort to foul play though and it is starting. Meanwhile we march on, Come on you Mighty Blues!

I think that MUFC and Tampa Bay Bucs are propping up the Glazers and are just cash cows to them. United are incredibly badly run given their huge revenues. There has been no long-term strategy.
A very pertinent point. If they had no debt at all they'd still be complaining just as loudly. So it's not about the mechanism of the buy-out as such, it's because they're badly run.

That's their problem, not football's or the government's.

Also what could a new owner achieve at utd that's not already been done 10 times over before? They've won everything going, sheikh mansour bought us not to make a fast buck but to put us on the footballing map, absolutely zero incentive for buying utd imo.
I keep saying this -- this is an asset absolutely ideal for purchase by one man:

Donald Trump.

Wtf are sky sports doing. Some finance expert saying the glazers have spent all United money. What am I missing ?? Utd have spent millions on players, wages & agents for years.

if they were winning things they wouldn’t be protesting end of! Ffs

utter bollox all of this & more to do with Utd, Real Madrid & Barca not the big boys anymore.

I agree with all of this except them winning more trophies without the debt. What football decisions would/should they have made that would have been any different were it not for the leverage? I'd suggest none. They haven't been hamstrung in the transfer market -- they've just bought poorly and overpaid. That's down to the lack of a football infrastructure post-Ferguson, which is down to (1) Ferguson being completely disinterested in setting up a succession plan because it didn't include him, and (2) the Glazers being unwilling to give anyone full rein over footballing decisions as they did Ferguson.

The debt hasn't interfered with them winning trophies; it's bad management of the football side and the mishandling of organizational development that has. Long may it continue.
Absolutely agree. Ferguson was there 25 ish years and ran the club top to bottom. In that 25 years football changed and the European clubs (in terms of both how they are run and on the field) left Manchester United behind. I say on the pitch because United underperformed in Europe vs their domestic dominance. The era of the technical director bypassed United for years.
Their plan for Fregies succession, mini me David Moyes. Everybody outside of Manchester United knew that was a disaster. Following that it was a succession of big name managers with no plan. It’s only since Ole turned up and a few academy players came through that they have looked like they may have stumbled on a formula by accident. They reaped the success of the Ferguson era but now they are seeing the downside.
Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

more blame should be but on players and managers coaches ? money has been available and top draw players signed
maybe the problem is facing them right in the face ALEX FERGUSON sat in the stand and still around the club

everybody at united is judge by a legend ? the new this or that. what chance has anybody got of match fergie's record
just got to take being a normal football club that wins every now and then and having to finish 2nd best to city or liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.