United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof! That’s a huge amount of debt for a club to carry. Lovely stuff.
I think it's even worse than that. There was much talk of this £140m "war chest" at the back end of May, which they were going to use to spend on Sancho and others (according to the media). In reality it was to prop up their cashflow to meet operating expenses and pay outstanding instalments on existing transfers.

The accounts at 30 June seem to show they still have that facility available to them, which means they presumably didn't draw on it until after the year-end. Had they done so before June 30th, their total debt would have been closer to £700m I reckon. Need to see the full accounts to be sure of that.

Although they only reported a £23m loss for the year, they've burned through £300m more cash in that period than they accumulated.

Tick fucking tock.

I'd agree, but I'd be slightly worried we'd jump into bed with them and the dippers.
Well, we would. CFG is a business and would follow the money. The days of jumpers for goalposts are sadly behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.