United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes - you have a certain sytem for transfers, which seems to involve scouting talent - paying (reasonable prices) and then coaching them to be even better.

We have a different system.

And the trouble is it's bollocks (with a nod to Blackadder).

Can people see why I'm not welcome on redcafe right now.

What’s your thoughts on Solksjaer? Back him or get rid?

I dont understand their desperation to be classed as a Manchester club.

They arent and never have been Manchester club since newton heath went bust.
As man utd they have never ever been biased in Gods own City.

I hate the fact that another club not from Manchester can wear our coat of arms , what's wrong with Trafford coat of arms after all thsts were you come from.

The City of Manchester council needs to stop them using our coat of arms
I'm not sure of whether it's true or not but I remember reading that Newton Heath wasn't classed as Manchester when they played there..
I totally agree with you about the City of Manchester Council should be banning the twats from using the Manchester coat of arms and making them use the Trafford one.

What’s your thoughts on Solksjaer? Back him or get rid?
I don’t think he is good enough.

But its the contracts that Utd. put their managers under that is causing the biggest problem, in my opinion. Ever since Moyes, its a non-negotiable that getting into the next seasons CL has to be achieved, consequently Ole plays ‘safe’ against the so-called ‘top-six’ (I know its more like a top-8 now) knowing draws and the odd win, plus consistent wins against the rest, gets him his job for the next year.

I am no ‘contract expert’, its just rumoured, but look at the Loius Van Gaal situation, sacked hours after winning the FA Cup, because Utd finished fifth and therefore no CL. Also David Moyes was sacked on the day or within a day or so of it being mathematically impossible for a top-4 finish.

It’s more complicated of course these days, because winning the EL gives you a CL slot (as does winning the big cup itself) - so even if Man Utd have problems next season and are say 6th or 7th in Feb/March, he won’t be sacked. Assuming Utd. are still in the CL, or have dropped into the EL, his contracted mandatory target remains a possibility. So your 'SOO part III thread' needn’t panic!

If that goal cannot be attained, he is released, but with a much smaller pay-off (Moyes got 5 mill) than if he is fired whilst Utd. are still in a position to get into the following CL. These days it all comes down to legal contracts and money, especially at Manchester Utd.

The only way Man Utd. would sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer prematurely is if he were to 'lose the dressing room' as Mourinho did (with a 20 million pound pay-off!), but that is unlikely because a) he seems a pretty nice bloke and b) which players who ain't won anything recently themselves, are going to 'turn on' a club legend such as him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.