United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on it is that this is a well thought out PR campaign by the rag PR machine aided and abetted by the usual lap dogs in the media especially the albeeb and Silly Sally. St Marcus campaign began in the middle of lockdown when sport was quite rightly away from the public's attention and ensured the rags and their well cultivated reputation remained as high profile as possible. Interesting that St Marcus head of brand marketing is a good friend of Silly Sally and so I would assume that the success of such a campaign is beneficial for both parties which calls into question the impartiality of the albeeb. Finally, St Marcus grew up in Wythenshawe like myself and his description of his upbringing to date makes Oliver Twist's childhood look privileged. That being said no child in this country should go hungry but the responsibility for the feeding of your children is that of the parents and not the state.
And if the parents fail you’d let the children starve then?

My take on it is that this is a well thought out PR campaign by the rag PR machine aided and abetted by the usual lap dogs in the media especially the albeeb and Silly Sally. St Marcus campaign began in the middle of lockdown when sport was quite rightly away from the public's attention and ensured the rags and their well cultivated reputation remained as high profile as possible. Interesting that St Marcus head of brand marketing is a good friend of Silly Sally and so I would assume that the success of such a campaign is beneficial for both parties which calls into question the impartiality of the albeeb. Finally, St Marcus grew up in Wythenshawe like myself and his description of his upbringing to date makes Oliver Twist's childhood look privileged. That being said no child in this country should go hungry but the responsibility for the feeding of your children is that of the parents and not the state.
It certainly got to a flying start from the blocks. One minute the Sainted One is asking generally on social media how to get involved and in less than a week he is 'signed up' by a local branch of a national charity, a letter signed by him on their headed paper and sent to Boris at a time he is fighting off a rebellion from his own bank benches on this very matter and provides Boris an escape route.
The week before, the BBC roared straight into action with a series of interviews at the shrine of St Marcus even over a weekend and even people from Fletcher Moss were brought in to say how good he was at an early age and how he watched football on TV at 18 months. One of these guys boasted was the youngest to attend the rags academy.
All this happened in less than a week and over a weekend too. It might have taken off under its own steam but it all seems too quick and too slick for me.
Rashford attended the rags academy living in digs. Somehow I dont see anyone who did that being hungry telling a story with the headlines 'I starved in the lodgings arranged by the Biggest Club in the World'.
Tomorrow's headlines: St Marcus feeds 5000 in Wythenshawe Park with just two Scotch Salmon and five fresh baked ciabatta'.

i agree its the parents responsibility however there are a lot of low income families that have been fucked by the pandemic and dont have 2 pennys to rub together so we need to make sure kids are fed.

i agree its the parents responsibility however there are a lot of low income families that have been fucked by the pandemic and dont have 2 pennys to rub together so we need to make sure kids are fed.
I don't disagree that children should be fed regardless of the feckless behaviour of their parents.

And the homeless, the ones about to be made homeless, those about to lose their jobs and their businesses. Should we help them? Perhaps Saint Sally of Broadcasting can show us what to do. Hopefully she will give us a sign tomorrow morning, I will be tuned in hoping, waiting, praying.

And the homeless, the ones about to be made homeless, those about to lose their jobs and their businesses. Should we help them? Perhaps Saint Sally of Broadcasting can show us what to do. Hopefully she will give us a sign tomorrow morning, I will be tuned in hoping, waiting, praying.
yup going to be a lot of people fucked after furlough ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.