United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rags have gone backwards. The points total last season was the same as the year before, 66 points. Their younger players like Rashford and Martial have just not improved and will probably never make the elite level (Rashford has been ruined by United in my view).
Maguire was good at Leicester but poor at United. Lindelof is championship level and wouldn't get in any other PL team (Lingard the same) Wan Bissaka is good but he has not improved since his good start in the first half of last season, Shaw will never improve because of his lifestyle. Pogba is a total fraud and would not get in any other top six PL side. Bruno is good but, especially when in the Portugal team, he is totally overshadowed by Bernardo Silva.
Greenwood looks great but will be destroyed by the Rags' dinosaur coaches. The club is in turmoil behind the scenes (I know this for a fact)
They will always be able to turn it on for big one-off games, against us and Liverpool, but until the Glazers quit they can only continue to decline. Most sensible matchgoing United fans know this is true. Despite all the banter and bullshit United's hardcore fans know good football when they see it and know that what is on offer now is garbage.

Give us a clue, from the outside its comical, but hopefully it is terminal.

Cos pep builds them up to be awesome before we play them and our players buy into and actually believe they are causing us to freeze and panic against a team we should be smashing everytime we meet them

TBH, I think it may be the opposite. The scum now are almost irrelevant in the league, apart from the games between us, but I think when Phil, Tommy and Taylor are regulars in the team, the others will know the importance of the match.

No not really, they got 66 pts in 18/19 and 66 pts in 19/20, so no improvement overall as a team. They got very lucky last season, with dodgy officiating and other teams under performing getting them top 4.

If you think the players they've replaced were superior players, then that's your opinion.

If you think the players they've replaced were superior players, then that's your opinion.
You asked if they improved the side, not if they were better/superior players.

The "points total" stats quoted kinda show that they didn't really have much of an impact on results overall.

My opinion, FWIW, is that the new players are better in certain aspects of their game but worse in other aspects

ie - Wan Bissaka is a better defender but adds less of an attacking threat than Young/ex wigan bloke who's name escapes me
Breeze Block head may well be a better all round defender than Smalling/Jones but has just as many unforced errors in him that it's pretty much a like for like swap.
Goofy has some skill but appears to have "polar" games (great or invisible when he's not up for it, no in between)

No real change, IMO.

It's not terminal unfortunately. The problems are in the coaching and financial areas. The financial ones have been well documented.
Paperboy gave a big shoutout to his coaching staff recently.
Carrick and McKenna are as world class as coaches as Cleverly and Januzaj are on the pitch.

Paperboy gave a big shoutout to his coaching staff recently.
Carrick and McKenna are as world class as coaches as Cleverly and Januzaj are on the pitch.
Not everyone at the swamp rates Carrick as a coach as much as Olly does. There's no evidence to suggest United are getting it right with their development of young players. They get in the first team and then vanish. Some people at the club are very sensitive abut this. It might explain why Olly was so irritated by the Greenwood England episode.
To be fair, apart from Foden, I don't think City are much better. That said our bar is a lot higher than the Rags these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.