United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowt wrong with Duky mate
I used to be a member of the Duky branch in the late 60s/early 70s, when it was at the Angel, then the Liberal club. I was the Treasurer for 12 months, and used to go to the meetings down at the Social Club with my mate, who was the branch Delegate. Living in Woodley, but Ashton born and bred, I pass the above regularly as I use the Asda in Ashton, as they also have cheap petrol! Also, the Globe cafe in Globe Square does brilliant breakfasts.
As you say, nowt wrong with Duky.

I used to be a member of the Duky branch in the late 60s/early 70s, when it was at the Angel, then the Liberal club. I was the Treasurer for 12 months, and used to go to the meetings down at the Social Club with my mate, who was the branch Delegate. Living in Woodley, but Ashton born and bred, I pass the above regularly as I use the Asda in Ashton, as they also have cheap petrol! Also, the Globe cafe in Globe Square does brilliant breakfasts.
so why did you leave ? :-)
@Bigg Bigg Blue wants to but no one will have him.

so why did you leave ? :-)
@Bigg Bigg Blue wants to but no one will have him.
The Duky branch was the closest to where I lived - the Ashton branch wasn't in existence then. When it did open, it was (I think) at the March Hare, some 2 minutes walk from where I lived with my parents. By then, I'd grown out of it, and went to matches independently, which I still do.

The Duky branch was the closest to where I lived - the Ashton branch wasn't in existence then. When it did open, it was (I think) at the March Hare, some 2 minutes walk from where I lived with my parents. By then, I'd grown out of it, and went to matches independently, which I still do.
I was only joking and using your reply to wind that other bloke up, the one that cant find the bar or his wallet until everyone else has left to go to the match.
Anyway I am informed it is Duckhenfield.

Dukinfield in the summer is the place to be for you my lad...Plenty of that malarky going on, i should coco
Brilliant album...
Used to 'know' a few young ladies from Duky. Filth. Pure filth. Lot's 'wrong' with Duky, but in all the right ways. :-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.