United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well is he going to have the centreback take the goalkick?

That quote of his is outdated. He hasn't been in a very competitive league for years. I'm glad that he has that thinking of the goalkeeper being the worst player on the pitch and should touch the ball as little as possible. That's one less player to worry about in the run of play.

And the polar opposite view of Pep

His scouting networks are incredible, players like Haaland, Keita, Mané, Gulacsi, Upamecano, Szoboszlai, Hwang Hee-Chan etc. have come in and been sold for huge profits when they outgrew the clubs, but will United let him replace their current players with a bunch of nobodies who'll develop in 18 months?
You can add Adeyemi to that list as well.

So this guy comes in, tears everything up and starts from the ground up and they are expecting someone to come in 6 months down the line to pick up from where he left off? What about the 'Utd Way' or their famous 'DNA'? Is he going to get rid of that too.

Does not make ANY sense whatsoever.

They might as well have a yard sale in January at this rate, then burn the shit hole to the ground and claim on the insurance.

He hasn’t won anything. Bayern dominate the bundesliga. The reason he hasn’t gone to the two dominant German clubs in Bayern and Dortmund is due to how much control he wants. Bayern’s board would hate him. Dortmunds board are arrogant he wouldn’t work there.

but what Rangnick does is stabilise and input a philosophy at the club he is at. He has a very good eye for talent. Moving to a director of football for the rags annoys me because he will get the best coach possible for them we could see Ten Hag turn up. He’s also not scared to bench or sell players that disrupt his play style.

at Leipzig Werner or Poulson would press the fullbacks that would then lead to the midfield pressing till it looked like a square where all passing lanes were cut off then Sabitzer or their other midfielders kampl and Forsberg would intercept and launch the counter. Where the 4 fastest players in attack Werner, Bruma, Bernardo and Poulsen would attack as a four outnumbering the opposition defence which more often than not ended with a goal. He likes pacy attackers And quick transitions.

But the rags do not have the players with the discipline to do that. rags midfield full of egos and shit players. If Fred and mctominay try that it’s going to be a car crash.

So this guy comes in, tears everything up and starts from the ground up and they are expecting someone to come in 6 months down the line to pick up from where he left off? What about the 'Utd Way' or their famous 'DNA'? Is he going to get rid of that too.

Does not make ANY sense whatsoever.

They might as well have a yard sale in January at this rate, then burn the shit hole to the ground and claim on the insurance.
He's a shoe-in for their DoF, seems to be his past role. I don't know much of him apart from listening to his talks now to find out what his filosofee is. And from what I can gather, sounds like an outdated approach, and even if he is insistent in implementing this, he just doesn't have the players in united, certainly not within 6 months.

Looks more like a move to re-engineer their business process for the long-term.

It should be very interesting to see what he does and really how much control is given over to him.

His scouting networks are incredible, players like Haaland, Keita, Mané, Gulacsi, Upamecano, Szoboszlai, Hwang Hee-Chan etc. have come in and been sold for huge profits when they outgrew the clubs, but will United let him replace their current players with a bunch of nobodies who'll develop in 18 months?

Will his scouting be as good when it comes to players over £40m who have to arrive and deliver immediately, which is a very different skill IMO.

Would they buy another club? I wouldn't be surprised at all if after his Leipzig/Salzburg days he sees the benefits but would the Glazers follow him down that path? Barcelona wouldn't let Soriano do it, he had to come here.

IMO the ceiling for what he'll achieve is basically catching up to City, Chelsea and Liverpool off the pitch. I don't think he's good enough to win titles as a manager against the competition, and I don't think 3 years is enough for them to surpass anyone - although he might make the rest of the top 4 up their game so as to not be caught up.

I wouldn't rule out him quitting in a huff before Christmas either if they don't deliver on what's been promised, he's like Bielsa in that way.

He is certainly getting rave reviews for someone who has never had an elite job.

Changing the culture at United will be a difficult if not impossible job, at least they are used to shipping shed loads of goals,
Interesting times , they will have more backroom staff than the FA at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.