United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching City since ‘55. Been through all the good years and then the poor years; the years of having the piss taken for being a blue. They were running things for years; just click their fingers and all the good players would rush to join them. How the turd has turned; now they can’t get a decent manager, players won’t join them unless for huge money, they need a new stadium. It’s going to cost them massive amounts of money and take years of development.

It is wonderful. So happy I lived this long to see it happen.

Greenwood looks like a decent finisher but has nothing else about his game that suggests he will ever be an elite-level player. He seems to have no awareness of what is happening on the pitch. He has obviously been bady coached, for example he runs with his head down with no ability to spot the next pass. Modern football requires players to be much more than just finishers. It is hard to judge because, like all United's young players, he has gone backwards with his development. Cole Palmer already looks a much better all-round player.
Yes I agree with all that. I was just saying that I think he would be a better player than he is now, and more of a team player, with better coaching. I have seen Greenwood play the odd lovely crossfield pass or nice give and go but like you say it is slim pickings. I haven't seen enough of Palmer to know how much potential he has but I know you have a much better academy than them so don't doubt your words. I am sure he is well versed in intelligent, non-selfish play, unlike Greenwood.

Believe me, if your'e talking about preferring all-round team players to selfish finishers who offer nothing else to a side (cough Ronaldo cough) you're preaching to the choir. I just think Greenwood is young enough to have it coached out of him to an extent. He is stuck at Man U though so it will never happen.

From one of their numerous threads regarding their shite midfield (the lack of joined up thinking runs deep over there)
Now this I would love to see

DanielofLeyland[SIZE=16px]DanielofLeyland[/SIZE]

New Member​

Joined Nov 20, 2021Messages 12
I would genuinely move Maguire into midfield. He can tackle, pass and drive forward. He isnt the most graceful on the ball but he virtually plays midfield with the ball at his feet anyway when he starts. Removes the pressure of being central defence and gives us more legs in midfield. He has the skillset to do it well IMO

I have been watching City since ‘55. Been through all the good years and then the poor years; the years of having the piss taken for being a blue. They were running things for years; just click their fingers and all the good players would rush to join them. How the turd has turned; now they can’t get a decent manager, players won’t join them unless for huge money, they need a new stadium. It’s going to cost them massive amounts of money and take years of development.

It is wonderful. So happy I lived this long to see it happen.
And the timings perfect , we,re on the crest of a wave , big investment at Newcastle ,Chelsea , others too will all serve to keep them average at best for the foreseeable future ,for them it’s a perfect storm but few of their fans will acknowledge it!

From one of their numerous threads regarding their shite midfield (the lack of joined up thinking runs deep over there)

New Member​

I would genuinely move Maguire into midfield. He can tackle, pass and drive forward. He isnt the most graceful on the ball but he virtually plays midfield with the ball at his feet anyway when he starts. Removes the pressure of being central defence and gives us more legs in midfield. He has the skillset to do it well IMO
It always makes me laugh when morons come out with shite like that. I have heard suggestions for Maguire, Wan Bissaka and Lindelof to play in midfield from them, and the guys who say it are always being 100 per cent serious and believing they're being tactically astute.

First of all, playing in midfield is a whole other ball game from defence. In defence you have the game in front of you, yes there is pressure from strikers, but a midfielder has to receive the ball, often on the turn, and pass between a congested area of the pitch, as well as orchestrate and control the game. It is a completely different ball game. I heard them say AWB can play there cos he can tackle and is fast, as if athleticism and tackling ability are the only considerations for a midfielder. The best midfielders rarely slide tackle, they intercept and have great positioning (rodri, Busquets). Wan Bissaka, Lindelof and Maguire are all technical lepers with low football IQ and little to no short passing ability and who would all be torn to pieces in central midfield.

Think of it this way. Real Madrid experimented with Sergio Ramos in midfield for a while, a much more technically talented player than the above. And he struggled big time in there. But they think guys like Maguire can do it.

I honestly hope that guy is taking the piss because it is frightening that someone who follows football as a fan and presumably has been for years could be that tactically clueless and oblivious.

New Member​

Got to be a poor undercover blue surely no one can be that stupid?

b209a4113b767dc5ee38f4af52be144d.gif

They were so, so giddy at 2-0. 24 points adrift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.