United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester U***** interim boss Ralf Rangnick has claimed striker Anthony Martial refused to be involved in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Aston Villa.

Martial, 26, has already told Rangnick he wants to leave U***** this month.

It always makes me laugh when morons come out with shite like that. I have heard suggestions for Maguire, Wan Bissaka and Lindelof to play in midfield from them, and the guys who say it are always being 100 per cent serious and believing they're being tactically astute.

First of all, playing in midfield is a whole other ball game from defence. In defence you have the game in front of you, yes there is pressure from strikers, but a midfielder has to receive the ball, often on the turn, and pass between a congested area of the pitch, as well as orchestrate and control the game. It is a completely different ball game. I heard them say AWB can play there cos he can tackle and is fast, as if athleticism and tackling ability are the only considerations for a midfielder. The best midfielders rarely slide tackle, they intercept and have great positioning (rodri, Busquets). Wan Bissaka, Lindelof and Maguire are all technical lepers with low football IQ and little to no short passing ability and who would all be torn to pieces in central midfield.

Think of it this way. Real Madrid experimented with Sergio Ramos in midfield for a while, a much more technically talented player than the above. And he struggled big time in there. But they think guys like Maguire can do it.

I honestly hope that guy is taking the piss because it is frightening that someone who follows football as a fan and presumably has been for years could be that tactically clueless and oblivious.
Agree with every word. I'd still love to see it though:)

Martial refused to be selected in the squad? Bloody hell, they are the gift that really does keep on giving.

Since we won the title the only thing they have had was one last cheer when they blagged their last title and we imploded a bit. Every single thing since then has been a horror show for them. Endless bad buys, player discontent, stadium falling to bits, managers being shit or decent ones had the club turn on them rather than sell bad players. The list is long.

I can't have hoped they would be so bad, we knew they were on the way down but they have done that and some. I hope it continues forever. I will never get tired of laughing at their demise, ever!

Agree with every word. I'd still love to see it though:)

Hahaha I watched that game live and couldn't believe what I was seeing from the big cumbersome oaf in that passage of play. For some reason some fans think he's good on the ball, lol it amazes me, he's absolutely terrible on the ball and struggles to control it and constantly kicks it out of play.

He looks even more stiff and robotic with a ball at his feet than C Ronaldo does.

From one of their numerous threads regarding their shite midfield (the lack of joined up thinking runs deep over there)
Now this I would love to see

DanielofLeyland[SIZE=16px]DanielofLeyland[/SIZE]

New Member​

Joined Nov 20, 2021Messages 12
I would genuinely move Maguire into midfield. He can tackle, pass and drive forward. He isnt the most graceful on the ball but he virtually plays midfield with the ball at his feet anyway when he starts. Removes the pressure of being central defence and gives us more legs in midfield. He has the skillset to do it well IMO

They are now saying Shaw should be in midfield. Comedy gold.

Manchester U***** interim boss Ralf Rangnick has claimed striker Anthony Martial refused to be involved in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Aston Villa.

Where’s that banner when you need it?

No, not that one. The other one…

He would of said nowt if they’d won it’s deflection for his team that lost a 2 goal lead

From one of their numerous threads regarding their shite midfield (the lack of joined up thinking runs deep over there)
Now this I would love to see

DanielofLeyland[SIZE=16px]DanielofLeyland[/SIZE]

New Member​

Joined Nov 20, 2021Messages 12
I would genuinely move Maguire into midfield. He can tackle, pass and drive forward. He isnt the most graceful on the ball but he virtually plays midfield with the ball at his feet anyway when he starts. Removes the pressure of being central defence and gives us more legs in midfield. He has the skillset to do it well IMO
I vote Dan to be the new interim, interim rag coach. Intermittently;)

Another thing that makes me laugh about this lot is how bipolar they are.

Like, if they have a terrible result, they talk about themselves like they're the worst team ever, going nowhere. Then the next game they will fluke a win and it's all 'are we turning the corner, can we challenge for the title this/next season?' Even though both games were the same shockingly shit performance and they jus got luckier and flukier in the one they won. What they fail to realise is they are not inconsistent, they're just a mid-table team. After all, isn't that the very definition of mid-table? You don't lose most weeks so you're not in the relegation zone, but you don't win a lot either so you're nowhere near the top. You just win some, lose some, and draw some. That's the way they are. They're not 'inconsistent' and their games aren't either armageddon or the start of a beautiful new horizon - they're just utterly irrelevant and inconsequential and there to make up the numbers. Most clubs have this problem and lots accept it (by definition most clubs will be mid-table in a league) but this lot just can't accept they're past it and the glory days will never return.

It's a circus.
Looking forward to the preseason that they just accept their midtable expecttions - hope for a good cup run at best and the reaching 40 points as soon as possible. I know it'll be a while yet with their bottemless pockets but hopefully their owners will eventually get sick of throwing money away.

They don't know how lucky they are to have the Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.