United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they have employed another PR media adviser (Honigstein)… All very odd.
Not really, they are in shit street. They cant get a decent manager, the players either want out or are happy to screw the club, the swamp is falling down, even the media say their facilities are shite.
To rebuild the squad will cost hundreds of millions or you gloss over it by paying a very good PR man 100 grand a year.

Not odd at all.....ha ha ha ha ha fuckin' ha

Have I missed Slabhead’s Greek tragedy (trial), or is it still being investigated??
I believe he's still a wanted man in Greece, was issues a jail term by a Greek judge if I remember correctly? I also believe he had some united assistance in getting out of dodge quickly.

UEFA having to make use of the warmed balls every draw now to make sure they don't get Aris or Panathinikos.

Not really, they are in shit street. They cant get a decent manager, the players either want out or are happy to screw the club, the swamp is falling down, even the media say their facilities are shite.
To rebuild the squad will cost hundreds of millions or you gloss over it by paying a very good PR man 100 grand a year.

Not odd at all.....ha ha ha ha ha fuckin' ha
£100,000?

I'd want AT LEAST £500,000 because there is no way £100,000 buy you nearly enough turd polish and glitter.

Last edited:
Strange stat for united…mainly for nerdy types such as myself.

There are a number of ranking sites on the internet and the two best respected are 538 and Clubelo.

They both measure slightly different things. Clubelo is purely results based so win and your rating will go up lose and you go down. 538 is based on performance and result so if you perform better than expected the rating goes up and vice versa. It uses underlying performance statistics, strips the luck out and is a better predictor of what will happen than Clubelo.

As you would expect the two sets of rankings produce similar results particularly at the top with sides usually within 5 places of each other…except united.

Clubelo has united 9th while 538 has them 25th….that’s a big difference. It’s not the only one but it’s the stand out one near the top.

It basically suggests that united are getting results they don’t deserve and that their “luck” is keeping them in the top 4. One for the conspiracy theorists?!

538 has united finishing 6th in the PL based on performance, points gained so far and remaining fixtures.

I have a feeling that they will finish 4th…funny that.

Last edited:

There are a number of ranking sites of the internet and the two best respected are 538 and Clubelo.

They both measure slightly different things. Clubelo is purely results based so win and your rating will go up lose and you go down. 538 is based on performance and result so if you perform better than expected the rating goes up and vice versa. It uses underlying performance statistics, strips the luck out and is a better predictor of what will happen than Clubelo.

As you would expect the two sets of rankings produce similar results particularly at the top with sides usually within 5 places of each other…except united.

Clubelo has united 9th while 538 has them 25th….that’s a big difference. It’s not the only one but it’s the stand out one near the top.

It basically suggests that united are getting results they don’t deserve and that their “luck” is keeping them in the top 4. One for the conspiracy theorists?!

538 has united finishing 6th in the PL based on performance, points gained so far and remaining fixtures.

It doesn't surprise me at all. Whenever I watch United it is highly unusual for the opposition not to be the better side, or at the very least look very threatening. Clearly results wise, United go on to get the points in many of these games, but very rarely do United look significantly the better side.

There are a number of ranking sites of the internet and the two best respected are 538 and Clubelo.

They will finish where the PL need them to finish.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.