United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the press love to overhype United but I've not seen one balanced article regarding the Ten Hag appointment.

The facts are he's coming from an inferior league where he manages the biggest club.
The player development and scouting is generally excellent and he works in an environment with relatively low pressure.

Flip that to United, at best they're fighting for 4-6th and that is unlikely to change short-term.
Recruitment and development is farcical and the pressure, especially financial to qualify for the CL will be huge.
If they miss out for another season it could set them back years.

Add to the mix that recent Dutch management exports to the PL have been ropey then I'm not sure what all the giddiness is about?
Expecting rationality and analysis from our Rag media?

Where are all the social media overreaction videos following their earlier defeat?

Have you fuckers let me down and not posted them or have they finally all been broken and have given up on football?

Btw does anyone know when/if the gap was ever as big as this in our favour?
Relegation not counting of course
32 points in 2018/19, which is (so far) the largest in the PL era. We could equal or even beat that this season.

It was 25 in 1936/7, when we won the league and they were relegated. But that was when it was 2 points for a win so effectively it was 37 points if you apply the modern calculation. But there were 42 games in a season then and in those additional 4 games we were +5 (in modern terms) so it was 32 after 38 games.

Mind the gap.

Last edited:
I know the press love to overhype United but I've not seen one balanced article regarding the Ten Hag appointment.

The facts are he's coming from an inferior league where he manages the biggest club.
The player development and scouting is generally excellent and he works in an environment with relatively low pressure.

Flip that to United, at best they're fighting for 4-6th and that is unlikely to change short-term.
Recruitment and development is farcical and the pressure, especially financial to qualify for the CL will be huge.
If they miss out for another season it could set them back years.

Add to the mix that recent Dutch management exports to the PL have been ropey then I'm not sure what all the giddiness is about?
Don’t talk so loud, rags next door might hear. The media attention is a big problem for the rags. The money is drying for broadcasters. It is decreasing each time they have a bad season. The red tops whip up a storm and all we get is fluff opinion pieces. Long May it continue.

You know that Aesop fable about the cat who's menacing a load of mice, and the mice have a big conference about what to do about the cat and a baby mouse suggests putting a bell round its neck, and an old man mouse says, "OK, cool, but who's going to put the bell on the cat?" and nobody wants to do it? That's the ex-Man United players and managing United. They all woman and moan about how shit United are but none of them would actually do the job. Can you imagine Ferdinand trying to manage Pogba and Bruno the Wonder Horse and Slabhead?

What matters at Utd is being able to please the media, the fans, the players, the stock market, Gary Neville, all at the same time whilst changing the direction of the club.

If he achieves that Ill be impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.