United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a 5 point gap ?

4dc0fb780d40f844554ba8e50e0f3f5a.jpg
I've got my eye on the button ;)

I'm sorry but, after all the tears and the tantrums, they are what, 7th? 8th?

They don't know the meaning of tough times, the huge sense of entitlement at feeling they should finish higher, because of what? They won things in the past? They have loads of 'fans' worldwide? They earned their money in a specific period?

They are lucky to be top half, I hope fans of every other clubs are calling them out for their petulance. Villa, Everton, palace, loads of teams would be delighted to be where they are.

If they aren't happy with the teams wages, the costs, then it's their own bloody actions and whining that have forced that time after time. Couldn't bear the thought of Ronaldo in blue, wanted to ignore their own words about spending to be successful, begged the club to sign pretty much any player city were chasing, and threatened to march on Trafford if they were ignored.

Year after year the glazers made the fickle protesters scurry away by spunking another £150m, which they were probably going to do anyway. They sacked managers because of fan unrest. They want success and they want it now, because they deserve it now and everybody else doesn't. Sod having a plan or being patient, they're Manchester United, as we keep getting told .

Truth is, they haven't the slightest idea of what pain is like. They haven't the slightest idea what supporting your club is actually meant to be. Ask fans of Chesterfield, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Hearts, Bury, Morecambe, Wealdstone... It's not just about success, fan base or winning online polls. I do hope our own fansbase doesn't delve to those levels in our successful years.

I have never watched that Alice character but I will bet she's hardly a fan in reality, and her entire career is based on encouraging the faux pain and tears of not getting what you feel is deserved. Yet back on planet earth they've still got a team of big names finishing in a European place and, like every other club almost, have a lot of work to do to get better. The difference here is that their two biggest rivals are winning and they are not. Their fans didn't sign up to support United for the bad times, for the journey, they just want the success to be able to justify their choice and rub people's faces in the glory. They did if for almost two decades, then wonder why well find United a bit of a joke club now. A former boss once said to me, don't be shitty to those you pass on the way up, you'll meet them again on the way back down. But for United fans, if you were not also a united fan then you were wrong, irrelevant and to be derided.

I also don't think they have anywhere near the mental resilience they're going to need to get back up there, as it is. Every team wanting to break through from not successful to successful has to acknowledge a period of limbo, improvement but uncertainty. Newcastle will have it, we certainly saw it, and if United want to get good again they are going to have to take the punches along the way. Took us years to win anything after the takeover, almost a decade to become successful year on year. I don't see their fanbase as accepting that, met alone the archaic structures they have internally.

Or in short, stop whining you self entitled cry babies.

free transfers with low wages as they need money to put in the electric meter so the lights dont go out

I'm sorry but, after all the tears and the tantrums, they are what, 7th? 8th?

They don't know the meaning of tough times, the huge sense of entitlement at feeling they should finish higher, because of what? They won things in the past? They have loads of 'fans' worldwide? They earned their money in a specific period?

They are lucky to be top half, I hope fans of every other clubs are calling them out for their petulance. Villa, Everton, palace, loads of teams would be delighted to be where they are.

If they aren't happy with the teams wages, the costs, then it's their own bloody actions and whining that have forced that time after time. Couldn't bear the thought of Ronaldo in blue, wanted to ignore their own words about spending to be successful, begged the club to sign pretty much any player city were chasing, and threatened to march on Trafford if they were ignored.

Year after year the glazers made the fickle protesters scurry away by spunking another £150m, which they were probably going to do anyway. They sacked managers because of fan unrest. They want success and they want it now, because they deserve it now and everybody else doesn't. Sod having a plan or being patient, they're Manchester United, as we keep getting told .

Truth is, they haven't the slightest idea of what pain is like. They haven't the slightest idea what supporting your club is actually meant to be. Ask fans of Chesterfield, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Hearts, Bury, Morecambe, Wealdstone... It's not just about success, fan base or winning online polls. I do hope our own fansbase doesn't delve to those levels in our successful years.

I have never watched that Alice character but I will bet she's hardly a fan in reality, and her entire career is based on encouraging the faux pain and tears of not getting what you feel is deserved. Yet back on planet earth they've still got a team of big names finishing in a European place and, like every other club almost, have a lot of work to do to get better. The difference here is that their two biggest rivals are winning and they are not. Their fans didn't sign up to support United for the bad times, for the journey, they just want the success to be able to justify their choice and rub people's faces in the glory. They did if for almost two decades, then wonder why well find United a bit of a joke club now. A former boss once said to me, don't be shitty to those you pass on the way up, you'll meet them again on the way back down. But for United fans, if you were not also a united fan then you were wrong, irrelevant and to be derided.

I also don't think they have anywhere near the mental resilience they're going to need to get back up there, as it is. Every team wanting to break through from not successful to successful has to acknowledge a period of limbo, improvement but uncertainty. Newcastle will have it, we certainly saw it, and if United want to get good again they are going to have to take the punches along the way. Took us years to win anything after the takeover, almost a decade to become successful year on year. I don't see their fanbase as accepting that, met alone the archaic structures they have internally.

Or in short, stop whining you self entitled cry babies.
Agree. They don't know or have forgotten what football ( and sport in general) is really about. It's not about winning trophies, it's about the journey and coping with disaster as well as victory - it is literally part of character building. We have our share of fannies on here but most of us notice the 40 point mark being past and secretly and maybe subconsciously know that even Norwich could beat us 4 nil!
I can't believe the hypocrisy! The owners have given them everything they want but not what they need. Even now they don't consider the fact that (based on current experience) Ten Haag could struggle and continue the decline. Will they still support him after the 'settling in' season and a few corners turned or turn on him? Recent history (they have that) suggests that they will want him out.

Serious point re rags finances.
1. Their income will drop. No champs league means reduction in sponsorship, tv income, prize money.
2. Their costs will not drop pro rata if they bring in serious new players and several of the current squad refuse to move on.
3. The new ffp rule of a max wage bill of 90% will maybe catch them out.
Someone should keep a close eye on them, but I expect them to duck and dive and hide the truth offshore.
The chances of any action being taken to penalise United for something like this are about as likely as .................

I'll let you fill in with a suitable phrase. Mine? Elvis riding round the Etihad on Shergar, before doing the pre match entertainment on the concourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.