United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also unwinnable by either side and, therefore likely to continue to fester forever. The club have bowed to every fan demand and things have only got worse. The fans are becoming a toxic liability reducing the value of the club to investors and sponsors without ever spelling out exactly what it is they really want (although we all know it's guaranteed trophies?).

It's delicious.

Saw an interview of Jens Lehman on sky just after the ESL fell through who was not a advocate of fans having a majority in running a club for this very reason.

Needless to say it wasn’t repeated as it didn’t fit the media agenda at the time.

utd have effectively allowed their fans to influence their recent player acquisitions in an attempt to appease them; the result has been incredibly entertaining for the rest of us, as each season it’s blown up in their faces.

Imagine the Morons in Black having a say on the board and how they want the club to be run?! Even more anarchy!

I have the misfortune of having several siblings who are all utd fans - as are their partners.They remember the dark days of Messrs O’Farrell, Docherty, Atkinson etc so are fairly philosophical about their clubs‘ current fall from grace and begrudgingly, are in awe of the football currently being played by Gods own club.

It’s mainly the younger fans who can only remember football from 1992 onwards who are the smacked arses and are spitting their dummies out, as they are struggling to cope with being overshadowed by City (and in their eyes a few ‘lesser’ teams).

It’s only been 10 years - they’ve got at least another 25 before they can say they’ve truly suffered. It’ll be interesting to see if they’ll stick with their club, as ours did.

Anyway, I’m happy for them to have the odd resurgence into the top 4 as it keeps them happy every other year - as long as that is all they achieve; it means they are temporarily appeased and they forget their gripes with the Glazers. We don’t want to risk them selling out and someone who knows how to run a club getting their hands on it!

Saw an interview of Jens Lehman on sky just after the ESL fell through who was not a advocate of fans having a majority in running a club for this very reason.

Needless to say it wasn’t repeated as it didn’t fit the media agenda at the time.

utd have effectively allowed their fans to influence their recent player acquisitions in an attempt to appease them; the result has been incredibly entertaining for the rest of us, as each season it’s blown up in their faces.

Imagine the Morons in Black having a say on the board and how they want the club to be run?! Even more anarchy!

I have the misfortune of having several siblings who are all utd fans - as are their partners.They remember the dark days of Messrs O’Farrell, Docherty, Atkinson etc so are fairly philosophical about their clubs‘ current fall from grace and begrudgingly, are in awe of the football currently being played by Gods own club.

It’s mainly the younger fans who can only remember football from 1992 onwards who are the smacked arses and are spitting their dummies out, as they are struggling to cope with being overshadowed by City (and in their eyes a few ‘lesser’ teams).

It’s only been 10 years - they’ve got at least another 25 before they can say they’ve truly suffered. It’ll be interesting to see if they’ll stick with their club, as ours did.

Anyway, I’m happy for them to have the odd resurgence into the top 4 as it keeps them happy every other year - as long as that is all they achieve; it means they are temporarily appeased and they forget their gripes with the Glazers. We don’t want to risk them selling out and someone who knows how to run a club getting their hands on it!

Exactly. Fan-ownership is an abominable idea. Look at any thread on here if you want to get some idea of the capacity for agreement.

That's another reason we should be very, very wary about the clamour for a "regulator". That's essentially allowing fans of other clubs to meddle in running yours. Complete and utter madness.

Exactly. Fan-ownership is an abominable idea. Look at any thread on here if you want to get some idea of the capacity for agreement.

That's another reason we should be very, very wary about the clamour for a "regulator". That's essentially allowing fans of other clubs to meddle in running yours. Complete and utter madness.

That was the point Lehman was making - can’t remember the name of the team he cited but fans blocking proposals the board wanted to implement ruined it within a 10-year period.

From the comments in the MEN story:

RemainerCrud 10 HRS AGO Reply to Geo62 - view message

Well, I will let you into a little secret of what I have heard. Now, don't shoot the messenger!
Drones and fans dropping, substances onto the pitch, making it unplayable, human chains blocking roads, motorways and train lines. Other stuff too has been mentioned. Some of it, I don't agree with.
If this comes to pass, no games will be happening at United until they go. Fact. OT will become a health and safety issue and ultimately closed down.
Again, I am not responsible for this behaviour, just passing on what I have learned over time. EDITED
REPLY2 REPLIES 1 1

It doesn't matter what United fans do or how many matches they get abandoned because as we have seen the authorities will never take action against them. They are a protected club, like Liverpool.

There’s better value elsewhere than United, why would you sink north of 5 billion quid into buying them when you could pick up a club elsewhere in the Premier league for less? The potential people who could bought Newcastle and Chelsea.
If you were a potential investor why would Utd look a good proposition? They managed to manage the largest cash cow in football history into the ground in 10 years...In a market specifically weighted in their favour by the administrators of the game...That takes some fucking doing.

With all the chaos that was going on, with two people leaking like sieves how come the media including the Mirror themselves, kept all this to themselves and fed the narrative for most of the season how good United were supposed the be?
Dishonest, hypocritical liars the lot of them and l include Martin Samuel for his dishonest article about Liverpool fans in Paris. They are all cunts.
They never bite the hand that feeds them. We have suffered from leaks in the past, especially during the end of the Keegan era. It is not unusual for some players (or staff) to be paid for information leaked. It is often the ones who are nearing retirement and looking for a career in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.