United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games completely up. Spoke to 3 different Rags today and they're all in agreement they're shit and going nowhere. Isn't even papering over the cracks anymore, they still want the Norwegian Gnome out.
Friend of mine, lifelong red, is totally frustrated at how the paperboy keeps pulling a result out when a few bad losses would see him gone. He even accepts my point that Ole isn’t the real,problem. It’s an outdated club management structure with no long term plan or strategy.

Friend of mine, lifelong red, is totally frustrated at how the paperboy keeps pulling a result out when a few bad losses would see him gone. He even accepts my point that Ole isn’t the real,problem. It’s an outdated club management structure with no long term plan or strategy.

You're right.

Ole isn't the problem, he's a symptom.

This weekends Lawro predictions.
As night follows day he goes for a Rag- Dipper draw.
One of the guest predictors is...... wait for it...... a Man Utd fan who also has a Cardiff City season ticket !!!!!
Says it all about Scum fans.

That's just reminded me ...

Was at the NFL game at Tottenham on Sunday. Jacksonville Jaguars were playing Miami Dolphins and I basically gave zero fucks who won, just wanted to see a good game. Until ...

Just before the start, a middle-aged bloke on his own came and sat down next to my daughter wearing a Dolphins shirt. Immediately stated to everyone around him (in a strong Welsh accent) that he'd had a terrible weekend. A nearby steward (being kind) asked if he was alright? Oh yeah, the guy said, it's just that all my teams have lost this weekend so far.

Steward (quizzically): "All your teams???"
Rag: "Yeah, Man United, Cardiff, FC United, Fort William ..." (he listed several more but didn't hear him for laughing)
Steward: "Excuse me for saying but you don't sound very Mancunian?"
Rag: "Oh no, I'm from Cardiff. But I've supported United since I was 5. FC United are the team founded by grassroots supporters a few years ago. So now my teams are in order: FC United, Cardiff, United, ..." (again didn't hear the remainder of the list as pissing myself by this stage)
Steward (trying to stifle laughter himself): "Right mate, well I hope you have a nice day today"

Me and my daughter suddenly became the biggest Jaguars fans in the world and celebrated like mad when they won with the very last kick of the game. Whereupon the rag stormed off in a huff shouting "that's fucking typical".

Put the icing on the cake of what was a wonderful weekend!!!

Was at the NFL game at Tottenham on Sunday. Jacksonville Jaguars were playing Miami Dolphins and I basically gave zero fucks who won, just wanted to see a good game. Until ...

Just before the start, a middle-aged bloke on his own came and sat down next to my daughter wearing a Dolphins shirt. Immediately stated to everyone around him (in a strong Welsh accent) that he'd had a terrible weekend. A nearby steward (being kind) asked if he was alright? Oh yeah, the guy said, it's just that all my teams have lost this weekend so far.

Rag: "Yeah, Man United, Cardiff, FC United, Fort William ..." (he listed several more but didn't hear him for laughing)
Rag: "Oh no, I'm from Cardiff. But I've supported United since I was 5. FC United are the team founded by grassroots supporters a few years ago. So now my teams are in order: FC United, Cardiff, United, ..." (again didn't hear the remainder of the list as pissing myself by this stage)
Steward (trying to stifle laughter himself): "Right mate, well I hope you have a nice day today"

Me and my daughter suddenly became the biggest Jaguars fans in the world and celebrated like mad when they won with the very last kick of the game. Whereupon the rag stormed off in a huff shouting "that's fucking typical".

Great post and story.
Hope you enjoyed the NFL - great finish to the game.

Martin Samuel going after the Rags and the Yanks.

Go on MARTIN!

Nor do the Premier League’s principled band mind rubbing along with autocratic regimes, given that in 2017 Manchester United agreed a strategic partnership with Saudi Arabia’s government-backed General Sports Authority.

Our partnership with Saudi Telecom is the longest running of all our commercial partners. Having the chance to help shape the football industry in the Kingdom is a great honour and it is something where we believe we can make a big difference. I hope this strategic alliance will benefit generations of Saudi footballers, supporters and young professionals looking to work in football well beyond Saudi Vision 2030.’

We now know Manchester City’s Etihad sponsorship, so controversial at the time, takes in a shirt, a stadium and a development project that has transformed east Manchester. Etihad is the branding on that. It wasn’t overvalued at all.

A8-A90211-B90-B-4-BB9-A3-B6-5-C4187975173.jpg

Great line further down in the piece about Neville/Declan Rice
"Manchester United are glorified Europa league with a big budget"

Clearly has the same affiliation to Miami as he does to Manchester, obviously family ties from way back when...... Those are the sort of people I would walk away from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.