United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance. Lets say United get a very generous 20% per shirt and let's also remember a shirt cost is the cost the manufacturer sells it for as they don't set selling prices.
So say an average shirt sells into the market for £30 and United get 20% that's £6 a shirt.
To get anywhere near £850K a week they would have to sell over 7 million shirts annually.
Never in a million tears
No, sadly. The shirt deal is the shirt deal. The sponsors are the ones taking the gamble on whoever shirts they have being sellers or not and so bid on it. They struck gold with the Ronaldo signing but Yoonited wont see any more cash out of shirt sales. The price they agree on the shirt deal next time they come to it may increase based on what they sold, but they will be in shit street by then and Ronaldo will have lost his appeal

Last edited by a moderator:
imagine spending 72 mil on a player that you don't even trust to send on the pitch in your most difficult game of the season.. talk about not dodging bullets

What’s his goals vs appearances tally for them this season? His finish on the disallowed goal looked decent today. I’m not gonna get all revisionist on this. I said at the time would’ve been happy to have him here if Pep wanted him, and I’m still confident that under Pep, he would’ve been an asset to us.
But we do seem to be doing ok without him ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.