United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
United fans getting giddy again. Every fuckin year till after Christmas when they'll say "we need at least four players to complete the squad". Forever in transition. Wouldn't mind but they do have a good squad. But it must be like having a Ferrari and letting your drunk uncle drive it.
They've basically turned into Liverpool which isn't surprising as they're basically two cheeks of the same arse.

They criticised Liverpool for talking about past achievements.

They criticised us for spending.

They criticised Chelsea for sacking managers.

They criticised Arsenal dor keeping hold of a manager who had won fuck all for too long.

Perhaps this is what they mean by 'The United Way"

I admire the defence of Ole and certain points can be agreed with. Anyone after Jose would have got the squad playing, just off not being a bell end. I think he’s a good man manager, tactically inept though. I don’t think you can pick derby games as a measure. Sven done the double over you, we beat you a couple of times with Keegan and even Pearce. I’d never say they was close to Ferguson, the underdog always has a spring in their step as we did in them years. Pep gets no credit as he has spent money, Ole has spent a bucket full of cash since coming in, he had to as you pointed out the players were crap before but improvement is inevitable. Playing academy players is great if they’re good enough, it’s not something to celebrate of them academy players are bang average. United have bought well this summer and if he doesn’t mount a serious title challenge considering what he’s spent then he’s most definitely failed. Again. I get why United fans would like him, he’s likeable to be fair but he is nowhere near a top class manager. He got the job through links to the club and when he inevitably leaves the top clubs won’t be fighting for him. It says a lot when you are happy he’s signed a new contract and every other teams fans are happy too. Time will tell next year but surely it’s a make or break season.

Can ole improve Tactically....100% yes, but to call a manager tactically inept who came 3rd, then 2nd (which is progression) finishing above managers such as Klopp or Rodgers throughout an entire season which you can't really fluke like a cup run seems a little harsh to me.

To go an entire season unbeaten away from home ( all clubs had no away fans to deal yet no other managers went unbeaten away from home) again doesn't seem like a manager who's tactically inept.

This whole ole manages through Vibes only is such a lazy narrative and there's even united fans who believe it.

So since he took over at united there's no way he should have won the league with the squads he's had therefore 3rd and 2nd which in no way is good enough for United btw is realistically the best he can do. Any fan of united, city, pool or whoever who mocks Ole for not winning the league since he took over are just hating for the sake of hating.

We had no right to challenge for the league under Ole ( Are squad simply cannot compete with your's for depth, that's a fact) therefore that only leaves cups and tbf to Ole his record at reaching semi's and finals ( deep runs in cup competitions) he has achieved. Would it have been nice to win a cup since he took over ? Hell yes, but to win a cup you need luck and the margins are fine and lets be honest he was a penalty shoot out away from winning realistically the biggest competition he was expected to win as I've already pointed out winning the league is a completely unrealistic target for him.

This whole talk of no other clubs would be interested in Ole is just Lazy speculation.

How does anyone know for ffs. Are you speaking on behalf of all football club owners where this has already been mooted in some sort of whatt'sapp group that i wasn't invited too.

Can ole improve Tactically....100% yes, but to call a manager tactically inept who came 3rd, then 2nd (which is progression) finishing above managers such as Klopp or Rodgers throughout an entire season which you can't really fluke like a cup run seems a little harsh to me.

To go an entire season unbeaten away from home ( all clubs had no away fans to deal yet no other managers went unbeaten away from home) again doesn't seem like a manager who's tactically inept.

This whole ole manages through Vibes only is such a lazy narrative and there's even united fans who believe it.

So since he took over at united there's no way he should have won the league with the squads he's had therefore 3rd and 2nd which in no way is good enough for United btw is realistically the best he can do. Any fan of united, city, pool or whoever who mocks Ole for not winning the league since he took over are just hating for the sake of hating.

We had no right to challenge for the league under Ole ( Are squad simply cannot compete with your's for depth, that's a fact) therefore that only leaves cups and tbf to Ole his record at reaching semi's and finals ( deep runs in cup competitions) he has achieved. Would it have been nice to win a cup since he took over ? Hell yes, but to win a cup you need luck and the margins are fine and lets be honest he was a penalty shoot out away from winning realistically the biggest competition he was expected to win as I've already pointed out winning the league is a completely unrealistic target for him.

This whole talk of no other clubs would be interested in Ole is just Lazy speculation.

How does anyone know for ffs. Are you speaking on behalf of all football club owners where this has already been mooted in some sort of whatt'sapp group that i wasn't invited too.
Where does this come from?

Why did you have no right to challenge for titles with City if you've spent around the same amount as us in the last few years?

I know any club that had spent as much as the rags and still not challenging for titles would have questions asked of them.

They have had and still have a lot of very expensive purchases............

What was the most wins on the trot? 4? City was 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.