United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also add to that the 1-0 League Cup defeat at Old Toilet. 8000 blues there and a rag team there for the taking. To add insult to injury they went on to win the cup. A carbuncle on the face of the greatest reign in our club’s history. Oh Pep, please put these to the sword this time.
That 1-0 defeat at OT was the only game we have lost in The League Cup since 2015.
An amazing record when you think about it!!

It's chaos over there today. Ratboy says it's Boris Johnson's fault that Ole is getting abuse and here's what their star player thinks of the tactics ...

Ronaldo was just fighting off some invisible flies , you know how flies are attracted to feces ...
People want to interpret everything !!!

I agree that their squad is better than Arsenal's or Tottenham's , that being said Varane and Maguire are 28 yo , their best years are behind them. Maguire can't be taught new tricks , he can do ok in a well organised team but he won't be spectacular, and he sucks with the ball at his feet. Shaw could work well under Pep but Wan Bissaka will always be poor going forward , even under Pep, but he is good defensively.
United's midfield , quite honestly I don't think it will ever be quality, they really need to buy new players no matter who the new manager is.

A good manager would definitely get them better results , but honestly I don't see them winning the CL anytime soon like Chelsea did with Tuchel. Thats a rare situation and before Tuchel , Zidane did it with Real Madrid replacing Benitez. But Zidane had Kroos and Modric in midfield and peak Ronaldo up front, Tuchel had Kante bossing the midfield and a quality defense.
Maguire sucks with the ball at his feet? Come on now. It's fun to rag on United players but there's plenty of accurate stuff to do it with before we need to use made up stuff.

It's the United way. Do what seems impressive without actually thinking about it for more than a week.

They need to keep Ole. I dread to think what could happen if an actually talented manager was working with their squad.
People have been saying that since Gollum started to struggle.

Just been looking at the League cup fixtures this week - no sign of a rags game. Had to check and yes they have been knocked out all ready. I guess it is tough getting into the last 16.

Also noticed you get better than 3:1 if you back the rags to win the derby, 4:6 for a City win. Have we ever been a stronger favourite to win at the toilet?
Not in my lifetime.

People have been saying that since Gollum started to struggle.
The United squad was actually pretty bad around that time all things considered. Massively propped up by Ferguson in a relatively uncompetitive league (he was the best at that time at consistently beating the shittier sides).

Now's the first time since Ferguson left that I actually think they have a potentially very good squad.

Unless you were referring to the United way part, in which case yes and that's been pretty funny throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.