United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is everything wrong with the rags.

A decent young keeper he was a good buy form them when he first signed. But he clealry had his eyes on playing back in Spain from quite early on. So even though he has been there for years now he is paid well above his level, and his development stalled some time ago and he is just running through the motions. He plays like someone who wants to be elsewhere.
They ALL play like someone who wants to be elsewhere. That leads management to a) overpay to keep them and b) overpay to keep new recruits from going elsewhere. Long may it continue :~)

PR Rashford has gone into overdrive today, apparently he cares too much, does triple training sessions a day, spends 12 hours a day at Carrington and has on occasions taken too much responsibility whilst sacrificing himself for United.

What a trooPeR.

Which gong awaits the saint next then?

This aged well.
b26513fa47d61ae65b5c2356e76e8620.jpg
This is what Phil thinks.

stan-laurel-laughing.gif

I understand where you are coming from, but I think the reflected glory of a CFG owned entity is much more vibrant and acknowledged on your side of the pond. The City US fanbase is considerably more vested in Manchester City than NYCFC. Should we continue on to win trophies in England and potentially Europe, there will be much more joy over the success of MCFC than that of NYCFC winning the MLS Cup.
City supporters over here are much more concerned about the parent club than any of its children.
Just my opinion as a Yank, but I think that a Portland Timbers fan can't be bothered or concerned with CFG investment in the MLS.
Fair comment. I think the point I am making is that the success of CFG is good news for the Manchester City brand worldwide. I am sure City fans in the US or NYCFC fans will stick to their respective clubs. I am well up to speed with the fanaticism of Timbers fans because I lived in Oregon (Salem) for a while in the early 80s and watched some matches in Portland. In those days they had ex City players like Willie Donachie, Stuart Lee, and Keith MacRae playing for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.