United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a businessman, but find it strange that people who were making a shed load of money from their business would sell it so somebody else so they could make a shed load of money. :-(
Perhaps. But the Glazers are essentially get-rich quick merchants who never invest properly in any of their businesses. Some family members might think a share of £4bn is worth taking. They can walk away from all the hassle. It will take them a long time to make that in dividends. They won't fancy sorting out the stadium.
I know that a few years ago they were touting MUFC around to financiers in Geneva and a Saudi deal was a possibility but it never materialised.

United have already got more money than anyone so I couldn't give a shit if they get taken over by a rich Sheikh - or nation state (Copyright Klopp/Delooney 2022). It will be absolutely hilarious to see the media backpedalling on sportswashing allegations, etc.
I mean, what are they going to do? Spend loads of money? Get a top manager?
It'll be rinse and repeat for years and years and years.
I've had a decade and more of footballing bliss, the like of which I never thought I'd see.
Whatever happens at Old Toilet, they'll never change.
Absolute f'kin scum.

Genuinely think the mainstream "Arsenal always bottle it" and "City are just historyless moneybags" narratives are brought up constantly because we both had the temerity and insolence to challenge thou-shalt-do-no-wrong rags at various points in the last 25 years, I think this is why I understand you guys frustration with the more biased elements of the media, as its all too familiar to me.

I'm not a businessman, but find it strange that people who were making a shed load of money from their business would sell it so somebody else so they could make a shed load of money. :-(
Simple maths really. Say you have appx 30 years left to live and you draw £1m a year from a business then your business is worth £30m to you. If you can sell it right now for more than £30m profit after tax then it’s wise to sell it. No more stress of running the business and more money in the bank.

This made me laugh how would the press/media deal with this lol

View attachment 54922
The good thing about the United 'model' is, it isn't money they need as they've always had that, it's infrastructure. They literally haven't had a clue for years how to run a football club. SAF's success papered over the cracks for long enough for the rot to set in resulting in it taking a lot of time and expertise to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.