United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every football fan I know, and every football fan I have known in the past, all think the same - that since the inception of the Premier League the rags have consistently been favoured by match officials - far more than any other team.
It cannot be proved outright, of course not, but when so many 'neutral' fans talk about it there has to be something that an independent body somewhere might find worth investigating?
It's got so bad that people laugh and make jokes about the situation: in the old days it was always "Howard Webb will ensure a rags victory," or "Clattenburg will rescue them, you'll see." Nowadays it's "Var will make sure they get the points/are through to the next round."

Most of us quote the disgusting officiating in the rags/Arsenal game when we talk about corruption in the sport, but it seems to me (and many others) that nearly ALL rag games are refereed along similar lines - and have been since the Premier League began.

Fucking hell they really were a disgusting team, weren’t they?
Obviously instructed to kick the shit out of Arsenal by the manager knowing full well the ref would allow them to do so, as they couldn't beat arsenal at that time in pure footballing ability . Seriously they should have been down to eight / nine men.To compound it all, Rooney then dives to earn the rags a penalty. In the seven seasons prior to this match (early in the 2004/05 season)Arsenal 3 times and united 4 times were champions , I think when either didn't win it they were runners up , after this season although Arsenal finished in the top four for a few more seasons they never really challenged for the title again.

Obviously instructed to kick the shit out of Arsenal by the manager knowing full well the ref would allow them to do so, as they couldn't beat arsenal at that time in pure footballing ability . Seriously they should have been down to eight / nine men.To compound it all, Rooney then dives to earn the rags a penalty. In the seven seasons prior to this match (early in the 2004/05 season)Arsenal 3 times and united 4 times were champions , I think when either didn't win it they were runners up , after this season although Arsenal finished in the top four for a few more seasons they never really challenged for the title again.
Particularly targeting Reyes, who if I remember correctly, had suffered some pretty awful injuries in his time.

I had no idea he died a few years ago. Car crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.