United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just seen the Sociedad goal now on YT (didn't bother watching the game on the night). To be fair, it's not a penalty, but hey; what a shame, eh?
Jim, why do you say that ?
Under Uefa rules it is. The rags were in a Uefa competition and the ref was from Europe.
OK the PL have a different interpretation of handball but all that does it make it harder for English teams to adapt.

Be
My intense hatred of all things rag is part of my DNA. It cannot be altered in any way because despising those bastards is a part of me, like my favourite foods, favourite beer (all of 'em), favourite tv programmes, etc.
Hating the dippers is a relatively new experience for me because they are only a transient irritation, been in the footballing wilderness for so long most people outside of their cultish bubble viewed them as an irrelevance: a team that had their day many many years ago and were no longer among England's elite. And I dare say once they go back to being mid-table mediocrity again I won't be giving them a second thought.

But it's a different case with those other plastic çunts who also play in red. My intense dislike and animosity towards that club and its followers was as strong and as vibrant a part of me long before the umbilical cord was severed.
I expect the midwife even said to my mum: "Congratulations Mrs KentBlue, you have given birth to one of the most blinkered, bigoted, prejudiced rag-haters this side of the equator has ever seen. Well done. He's going to grow up infested with dogmatic hatred for any and all things rag."
And my mum would have smiled down at me proudly and said: "That's my boy!"
Sometimes drawing a picture can help you describe the feelings you can’t find the words to express.

Under Uefa rules it is. The rags were in a Uefa competition and the ref was from Europe.
OK the PL have a different interpretation of handball but all that does it make it harder for English teams to adapt.
Because my understanding of the handball rule was that, if the ball deflects onto the arm from another part of the body, it isn't a penalty. If UEFA have different rules, which I was not aware of, then fine; I would have no problem admitting I'm wrong.

Because my understanding of the handball rule was that, if the ball deflects onto the arm from another part of the body, it isn't a penalty. If UEFA have different rules, which I was not aware of, then fine; I would have no problem admitting I'm wrong.
Don't know about different rules, but that shouldn't of been a penalty hit his knees then onto the arm but I'll forgive the officals this time :)

Deflecting off another body part was removed its all about making the body bigger Dias was penalised in the community shield there is no difference in the interpretation of the law between the FA and UEFA or FIFA
Unless someone can find something that says otherwise

Ian Darke, a professional commentator on the rag's v our Dave's team, kept saying about the deflection, this is one of the problems when those whose job it is to interpret what is happening in a game are misinformed

FA: Same as IFAB
HANDLING THE BALL

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised
  • scores in the opponents' goal:
    • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

Yeah we’ve had plenty of those in the past. It’s bullshit but those are the rules in the CL.

Under the fa laws of the game there is o wording that states hitting another part of your body then your arm

It was a penalty
The exceptions are if the ball hits a player's arm directly from the player's own head or body and if a player is falling and their arm is between themselves and the ground for support

i'm glad it was given but it wasn't :)

• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
  • directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
  • if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.