United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a thread on the Caf called ‘sliding doors moments in United’s history’
Other than the expected whining about the glazers taking over, there’s only a few of note. One being about not flying back asap for next match after Munich match.

Also completely absent, surprise surprise, is anything related to City helping them out, whether that be willingly or forced:

The forced selling of Billy Meredith and their subsequent signing of him, could easily be described as the catalyst of a previously zero trophy club winning 2x top division, 2x cups within a few years.

The ‘rags’ period, where they faced oblivion and City conspired to block the rise of Manchester Central, who had easily surpassed them in attendances.

The generous use of Maine Road as Old Trafford was rebuilt for the 1st time with govt money, enabling Busby to flourish.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten other moments where City could (should!) have acted differently, leading to the detriment of United.

If anyone can remember the opposite ever happening, united assisting City, I sure can’t.
Does Denis Law get a mention

Just askin'

At the moment the shit is being thrown Klopps way. His disgraceful behaviour is cited as to why amateur refs are refusing to do matches.
Whilst I totally agree, look at the photo of 8 rags surrounding the referee because he disallowed a goal.
Nothing will be done and amateur refs will suffer as a consequence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.