United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a thread on the Caf called ‘sliding doors moments in United’s history’
Other than the expected whining about the glazers taking over, there’s only a few of note. One being about not flying back asap for next match after Munich match.

Also completely absent, surprise surprise, is anything related to City helping them out, whether that be willingly or forced:

The forced selling of Billy Meredith and their subsequent signing of him, could easily be described as the catalyst of a previously zero trophy club winning 2x top division, 2x cups within a few years.

The ‘rags’ period, where they faced oblivion and City conspired to block the rise of Manchester Central, who had easily surpassed them in attendances.

The generous use of Maine Road as Old Trafford was rebuilt for the 1st time with govt money, enabling Busby to flourish.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten other moments where City could (should!) have acted differently, leading to the detriment of United.

If anyone can remember the opposite ever happening, united assisting City, I sure can’t.

Not seen the game or the goal but looking at the pictures in the MEN & his upper body position leaning back it looks like he has just completed a knee slide. I would be too embarrassed to indulge in any type of goal celebration never mind a knee slide after beating a bunch of Cypriots in virtually the last minute of the game.
I honestly believe united players are contractually obliged to celebrate every goal with an extravagant display for the cameras, no matter how scrappy, undeserved or irrelevant the goal is they always celebrate it like they've just scored a last minute, 30 yard screamer to win the World Cup final.

FYI I like Foden but he hasn’t done anything for England, that’s a fact. Tbh I only responded because the trend ever since we stopped being top dogs has been OTT criticism whatever the case. Sancho has done well this season but also has strong competition in the wide spots with Rashford and Antony. Nobody says anything when Mahrez or Grealish are benched because that’s the way it is in modern football - it’s a squad game.
Sancho has done well ???? Apart from the goal against Liverpool he’s done basically very little ................ most of the time he does play you wouldn’t know he was even on the pitch

Sancho has done well ???? Apart from the goal against Liverpool he’s done basically very little ................ most of the time he does play you wouldn’t know he was even on the pitch

The metrics for a rag player doing well are a lot lower to what is considered doing well at City. I didn’t even realise Sancho was on the pitch in the derby, Martial who they’ve been trying to offload for a good 5 years now came on and did more than him.

FYI I like Foden but he hasn’t done anything for England, that’s a fact. Tbh I only responded because the trend ever since we stopped being top dogs has been OTT criticism whatever the case. Sancho has done well this season but also has strong competition in the wide spots with Rashford and Antony. Nobody says anything when Mahrez or Grealish are benched because that’s the way it is in modern football - it’s a squad game.
If Cole Palmer went to United, you’d sell Sancho in the next transfer window. Sancho is bang average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.