United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It maybe harder now for them to find a buyer than it was before.

In addition they should not delude themselves that any new owners are likely to saddle the club yet again with debt , they may even take a leaf out of Barcelonas books and finance off the future income of the club. Especially when they are needing to rebuild everything.

Ojalá

The yanks and dips are selling because the closed shop Super League isn't happening. That seems to rule out Yank investment in either.
China has put the brakes on Chinese investors, no Russians. The middle east ? I somehow doubt it. Looking at us and Newcastle, they buy the clubs with potential to grow. I think the dips will struggle to sell at the price they eant. The rags supposedly have the Ineos fellah. He would use borrowed money but it really is a bad time to go into debt.
Personally I think the rags won't be sold, it's a ploy to keep them in the news.
Yank investment not wholly out of the question, but the field is smaller. They would need a rich man/men who are very vain. Pop stars and film stars spring to mind.
Dubai might be interested provided they haven’t bought the dips first.
Ineos put in a late bid for Chelsea, so……
Somebody might consider moving them to a purpose built complex along Etihad campus lines and selling existing site for commercial development.
I think it’s all about the investment needed into the Old Toilet and Glazers short of cash.

Simon Stone offers his 'anslysis'. Journalism at its most shallow and superficial.
Shame he offers no insight into current financial markets, impact on debt payment, costs to future investors for leveraged buy-outs, impact of exchange rates, off shore tax arrangements etc etc...
Seems the BBC are awash with the political posturing on sport but not the more sinister aspects of globalisation and financials involved.

Simon Stone doesn't klnow his arse from his elbow, and everything is scripted for him to deliver the rag message.

He is not a journalist just a paid mouthpiece .

So they’re not actually for sale. A sale is just one of the alternatives they might consider.

Correct and it boosted there share price! If share price drops again they just leak to a the rag bias media that a deal is close to sale to a Qatar prince! It’s a no brainer for the glazers to come up with this propaganda just like the FSG did!

“Finally we might get an owner who’ll spend some money”

Is what I’m seeing every United fan saying now. Sat there with the worlds most expensively assembled and highest paid squad ever.

I hope it’s another shit Yank

It’s like the media and the fans have the goldfish syndrome when it come to spending on players! They did spend 220m last summer not one word from the media about that or the 1.4b spent in last 10 years!

“Finally we might get an owner who’ll spend some money”

Is what I’m seeing every United fan saying now. Sat there with the worlds most expensively assembled and highest paid squad ever.

I hope it’s another shit Yank
They just don't get it mate at all, they think that they can just go out and buy Mbappe for £250m and stick two fingers up to FFP-the rule that they and others were so much in favour of to slow City down! Their revenue wont grow much further than it already is to cover the amount on transfers that they expect.

God bless FFP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.