United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
United were trying to get rid of him all summer and no one wanted him (or at least no one Ronaldo would accept going to).

Maybe now he’s a free agent the maths changes and someone is interested but I can’t see it being a title challenging side in a big league.
Monaco? Decent tax cuts available there.

People write some bizarre stuff on here.

Todd Boehly, who is on record against the super league, and bought Chelsea 2 years after the super league collapsed is going to sell because the super league is dead?
The Super League is not 100% dead

There are still teams who are still looking to get it up and running all be it in a different format and the new Champions League format starting in 2024 looks like a watered down version of a super league.

In regards to Todd Boehly IF a different version of the Super League ever materialized do you don't he wouldn't want to be a part of that? Of course he would.

It's ok for him to say one thing now but as sure as eggs is eggs he'll say something different in a couple of years.

If it's 100% dead in the water in a couple of years I can see him looking to sell

There are still teams who are still looking to get it up and running all be it in a different format and the new Champions League format starting in 2024 looks like a watered down version of a super league.

In regards to Todd Boehly IF a different version of the Super League ever materialized do you don't he wouldn't want to be a part of that? Of course he would.

It's ok for him to say one thing now but as sure as eggs is eggs he'll say something different in a couple of years.

If it's 100% dead in the water in a couple of years I can see him looking to sell

It's dead. The UK gov won't let British clubs join, Germany is out and PSG bet on UEFA.

Barca, Real and Juve are on their own.

And if you think the new CL format is anything like the superleague the Glazers and FSG want, you've not been paying attention. They need a ringfenced league without relegation, that's what drives the huge profits and inflation of club values in the NBA & NFL.

People make investments that fail all of the time, only time will tell mate.

My choice of new owner would be a middle eastern potentate, human rights denier, rolling in more diesel than the Good Sheikh, and I would await the response from the RDAHMeedya as to how they would do stuff 'the Yoonited Way' and after due diligence the FA would find them the most honourable among billionaire owners.
You mean as opposed to Mike Ashley?

The yanks and dips are selling because the closed shop Super League isn't happening. That seems to rule out Yank investment in either.
China has put the brakes on Chinese investors, no Russians. The middle east ? I somehow doubt it. Looking at us and Newcastle, they buy the clubs with potential to grow. I think the dips will struggle to sell at the price they eant. The rags supposedly have the Ineos fellah. He would use borrowed money but it really is a bad time to go into debt.
Personally I think the rags won't be sold, it's a ploy to keep them in the news.
Why would you sell a cash cow? Millions of idiots buying tatty merchandise and turning up for one game in a lifetime. They spend nothing on the infrastructure because there is no value added, just hope the morons that support them keep turning up.

Has footballs profit margin been saturated? Is the bubble bursting?
Football is not profitable. Clubs are trophy assets. People buy them for the prestige and profile that comes with ownership. Maybe the rags is the outlier where the owners take money out. But generally ownership costs you money your only chance of profit is when you sell up and that assumes its sold in a good state.

The next owners if the rags will have to spend massive amounts to sort out the infrastructure.

Why would you sell a cash cow? Millions of idiots buying tatty merchandise and turning up for one game in a lifetime. They spend nothing on the infrastructure because there is no value added, just hope the morons that support them keep turning up.
Nice green and gold away kit too for next season would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.