United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm an old cynic but I just don't think the Glazers have any intention of selling up: this is a PR exercise, nothing more. The Ladyboy, with his posturing and Hollywood-style tantrums, has brought negative publicity to the rags and they need some kind of distraction while there's no Premier League football. What better way than this to shift the attention?
Add to it all some vague gesturing about signing Mbappe and Bellingham and everyone will have forgotten all about the preening ponce and the shambolic end to his return to the rags.

My first thoughts when it arose KB - distraction tactics from the club and friendly media whores.

Glazers enjoy their cashcow too much to give it up.

6 to 8 billion for what. Run down old dump with a shit training base.

It’s like that now but with a billionaire owner willing to plough money in and not taking out like ours, PSG and Newcastle they will be a big problem, if there brand gets going again ffp won’t be a problem to them and will be able to outbid anyone

I know I'm an old cynic but I just don't think the Glazers have any intention of selling up: this is a PR exercise, nothing more. The Ladyboy, with his posturing and Hollywood-style tantrums, has brought negative publicity to the rags and they need some kind of distraction while there's no Premier League football. What better way than this to shift the attention?
Add to it all some vague gesturing about signing Mbappe and Bellingham and everyone will have forgotten all about the preening ponce and the shambolic end to his return to the rags.

Yep and any potential buyer they could just say they not reached our valuation of 10b

It’s like that now but with a billionaire owner willing to plough money in and not taking out like ours, PSG and Newcastle they will be a big problem, if there brand gets going again ffp won’t be a problem to them and will be able to outbid anyone

Always down to the player where he wants to go and players who rather go somewhere for any xtra 100k can do one

As much as it takes to buy success.
If they and City have spent £1.5 billion over the past 10-12 years and the Glazers taken a similar amount, then their fans want owners who would have spent £3 billion on the team under the same circumstances.
They bought almost all their success in the PL era (as did City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc) and don't like it when other clubs can equal their spending.
This, they want things to be like when baconface was in charge and spending money money money,they think they have a Devine right to be up there challenging regardless,the entitlement is off the scale.

I do not know if it is true, but I have heard it said that the Glazer Malls are losing money, so they might actually need to sell.

Well fuck me, I was about to reply that the BBC couldn't even spell "dilemna" properly and then I find out I have been spelling it wrong all my life. Is that right? Any linguists out there?

Apparently it's "dilemma" from a greek root di+lemma twice+premise. Who knew?
Yep, me too, posted over 11 years ago.(only seemed the other day)
Re: dialema

Don't usually like correcting grammatical or spelling errors on here but since there are loads of people having a go, no matter what you were taught in school, the correct spelling is "dilemma." The word is derived from the Greek di (twice) and lemma (assumption).
If you look in any OED/ Chambers dictionary since they were first published it's always been 'dilemma'.
Anyhow, Goldenbridge getting giddy over the Golden Balls connection.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I do not know if it is true, but I have heard it said that the Glazer Malls are losing money, so they might actually need to sell.

The problem is that there is always so much hype and bullshit swirling around the rags that it is hard to see below the surface sometimes.

You could be correct, and there is a deeper seated issue in this case, but again sorting the wheat from the chaff is the hard part.

the rags " signing ................. you name it " is the typical , rag supporting lemming type headlines we are used to.

This is about the rag sale in the business section of the BBC....

Buyers from the Middle East​

There have been a few high-profile takeovers of European clubs from investors linked to sovereign nations.
Manchester United's rivals Manchester City are owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, while Newcastle United have recently been taken over by a consortium led by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund.
Paris Saint-Germain are owned by Qatar Sports Investments and there may be other Gulf nations interested in Manchester United.
Football finance expert Mr Maguire told the BBC there were countries in the region that have "access to funds that could be used" to meet the Glazers' high price.
However, as widely reported, such deals can lead to moral and ethical dilemmas for supporters.

Widely reported yes, but true?....No

From 25 July 2021, CFG’s ultimate parent undertaking is Newton Investment and Development LLC.

Edit. @KS55 has already pointed this out. Not like the BBC to publish stuff without checking their facts first though, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.