United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That fifteen million was their cut.....
The debt loaded on to the club would have been in $$$$ - and the money taken to pay back the dollar interest was coming from money earned in £££££
So the weakened sterling fucked the Glazer's twice, as well as ultimately, the rags.
Have we finally got something to thank Truss and Kwarteng for? ;-)

Would the new owner have to keep them floating on the stock exchange or could they buy all the share, how would that work?

I think the ideal scenario is they sell 20% to 5 different people so there are loads of internal fighting for years like arsenal had
They seem to clamour for the ‘German model’ of fan ownership 50+1 (because that’s worked out brilliantly with Bayern winning 10 in a row… and having the inflated and biggest sponsorships with related members on the executive), which would be a recipe for disaster - fan ownership and decision making involvement by people entirely unsuited to running a football club.

In further lack of understanding of capitalism they think that Saudi PIF should sell-on Newcastle to a private Saudi investor and take on Trafford instead … despite it being obvious that the potential for profit of Newcastle is way more.

Trafford is encumbered with large debt, failing infrastructure needing replacement (ground & training), lack of potential growth opportunities, lack of adjacent area commercial expansion, flatlined and now falling commercial revenues, most expensive ongoing squad wages, random scattergun transfer business, random coaching and managing styles, many ex current players speaking out about the stagnated time warp culture, toxic vocal unreasonable and unrealistic fanbase, still loomed over by the shuffling shadow of the past… off the top of my head.

I suppose on the positive side for any investors, they have:
Guaranteed English National team players.
Endless reams of media pieces.
Endless Ex players in the media.
Lots to chat about the importance of ‘istree.

…I can see why they are thought as such a good deal for anyone who manages to gloss over the real negatives, because of the artificial positives above. Muppets.

They seem to clamour for the ‘German model’ of fan ownership 50+1 (because that’s worked out brilliantly with Bayern winning 10 in a row… and having the inflated and biggest sponsorships with related members on the executive), which would be a recipe for disaster - fan ownership and decision making involvement by people entirely unsuited to running a football club.

In further lack of understanding of capitalism they think that Saudi PIF should sell-on Newcastle to a private Saudi investor and take on Trafford instead … despite it being obvious that the potential for profit of Newcastle is way more.

Trafford is encumbered with large debt, failing infrastructure needing replacement (ground & training), lack of potential growth opportunities, lack of adjacent area commercial expansion, flatlined and now falling commercial revenues, most expensive ongoing squad wages, random scattergun transfer business, random coaching and managing styles, many ex current players speaking out about the stagnated time warp culture, toxic vocal unreasonable and unrealistic fanbase, still loomed over by the shuffling shadow of the past… off the top of my head.

I suppose on the positive side for any investors, they have:
Guaranteed English National team players.
Endless reams of media pieces.
Endless Ex players in the media.
Lots to chat about the importance of ‘istree.

…I can see why they are thought as such a good deal for anyone who manages to gloss over the real negatives, because of the artificial positives above. Muppets.
The german model sounds great until they realise they would need 3 billion quid

Edit - as they don't like dividends they can never make any money back.

funny thing is, they don't see it ? money is not the reason and the Glazer have given united managers since Fergie over a £billion on players, they have spent more than any other club in the Premier League, so what différance will more money make to them,

football is about a time period and making last as long as you can before somebody else takes over, united have had their glory years were from the early 1990s to the 2010s and nothing will bring it back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.