United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be fooled guys
Still look shit and can’t keep the ball against any decent teams
Every away game is an effort for them as well

Ericsson makes them tick most of there goals it’s because of him!
Unfortunately their latest panic buys of ageing mercenaries in Ericsson and Casimero do seem to be working out for them for now.

In fact rather annoyingly many of their ageing mercenary buys have done a job for them over the years in terms of temporarily papering over the cracks, going as far back as Van der Sar, Van Persie and more latterly Mata, Ibrahimovic, Cavani and I'd even include Ronaldo purely for the crucial goals he did contribute in the early part of his return to the club when they had no other reliable goal scorers at the time.

31 isn’t that old in the current game though is it?
He’s perhaps the only player of theirs that I think would improve our starting 11. Id maybe take rat boy too for the bench, play him in the games we rest KDB.
No room for any others though.

True. But let’s see if he is still able to boss games against quality opposition. I have my doubts. Madrid were happy for him to leave as they had a 22 year old replacement.

Unfortunately their latest panic buys of ageing mercenaries in Ericsson and Casimero do seem to be working out for them for now.

In fact rather annoyingly many of their ageing mercenary buys have done a job for them over the years in terms of temporarily papering over the cracks, going as far back as Van der Sar, Van Persie and more latterly Mata, Ibrahimovic, Cavani and I'd even include Ronaldo purely for the crucial goals he did contribute in the early part of his return to the club when they had no other reliable goal scorers at the time.
Bit harsh to include Mata - only 26, don’t think he went for an astronomical wage originally, and really didn’t come across as the atypical united signing - ie not arrogant and spouting the usual platitudes

You are correct in that assessment. An interesting contrast between the crack coverers and those players who were meant to be the future, almost all of whom have been abject failures. Lukaku, Wan Bissaka, Di Maria, Pogba etc etc. The list is almost endless.

Bit harsh to include Mata - only 26, don’t think he went for an astronomical wage originally, and really didn’t come across as the atypical united signing - ie not arrogant and spouting the usual platitudes
Ah right I thought he was 28, but still the general consensus at the time seemed to be that he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire at Chelsea and it was good business on their part to offload him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.