United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to sky sports utd are signing weghorst on loan then signing kane in the summer.

Yeah ok then, sounds reasonable.
Not a chance Kane swaps Spuds, that stadium, to go to a really shit team and stadium who still won’t offer him trophies.

If he left Spuds I can see him trying his luck abroad. Time is of the essence though for that young man. I’m just glad we didn’t get him.

The discussion was in the context of the up and coming derby. It’s a league game, the form we’re talking about is league form. Clubs put out all kinds of different teams in cup competitions, rest players, play the kids and they’re knock outs which have no bearing on league form.

There was some puffing out of the chests going on. The dink poster was putting across that the rags are shit and that their ‘much lauded by the press’ recent run was not indicative of their good form because they’d only beaten shite teams.
It was annoying boasting and based on bravado not facts.

So I responded by saying that the rags deserve respect (in a footballing opposition sense) because they’d actually had a tougher set of league fixtures than us and then the dink got abusive - accused me of being a fanny wiper because I’d proven him wrong.

Next salute another one intervened to support the dink by trying to compare the way opponents are arranged in the league fixture system with the standing of professional boxing opponents . . You couldn’t get more apple & orangey if you tried - a proper comedy moment - how I laughed ;-)

Make of it what you will, but I wasn’t wrong in what I said and it’s as plain as day to anyone who follows results.

And, sticking with the tongue in cheek comedy of all this; being right doesn’t make me a fanny wiper. Which was a funny thing for the dink to say - what on earth did he mean by that, was it to offensively suggest that I’m a woman or something - as if it would make me lesser if I were a woman? A misogynistic woman hater showing his colours?
Or was it hate or lust - was it a homophobic slur or maybe his homoerotic imagination coming across?
The form you’re talking about is League form. The original discussion was about their results since the Etihad derby, and the way the media have been blowing smoke up the rags' arses because of it.

You were the one, who disrailed it on to their Premier League results.

And there’s no need to insult fellow Blues.

The form you’re talking about is League form. The original discussion was about their results since the Etihad derby, and the way the media have been blowing smoke up the rags' arses because of it.

You were the one, who disrailed it on to their Premier League results.

And there’s no need to insult fellow Blues.

So take account of the cup games as well - they won them so, while it has no direct bearing on league form (for all the obvious reasons) a run of winning cup games cannot be seen as a negative can it?
My initial response was to an abusive dink who was spouting off about the rags being shite because they’d had favourable fixtures.
My points are, and always were, that the rags have not had a more favourable run of league games than us, that their cup games have little bearing on their league form but, if taken into consideration the fact that they won their cup games cannot be seem as a negative.

And regards insults, the dink accused me of being a fanny wiper, the weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.