United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they touted we think we've got more money than you yet
Not sure they can.
As an individual SM is richer and Abu Dhabi Sovereign wealth fund has far more assets.

Our model is different to PSG though so the lines are blurred.

On the BBC Breakfast news this morning we had Kevin Maguire, football finace expert and a united supporter on the couch.

It was reassuring to hear the Qatar bid is definitely NOT sports washing and it will NOT be state owned.
Anyone ask where the money's coming from then?

I assume you mean Kieran Maguire.

On the BBC Breakfast news this morning we had Kevin Maguire, football finace expert and a united supporter on the couch.

It was reassuring to hear the Qatar bid is definitely NOT sports washing and it will NOT be state owned.
To be fair that has been his view on City for some time. He has defended our business model

We have Pep. End of discussion.

United can't spend more than they did last summer which was £250m, based on turnover.
And it's not like United ever struggled spending money past decade, it was about where and how it was spent. New owners don't guarantee anything too different

If tax avoiding rather grizzled ratty Jim triumphs over the qatari "individual" can we start calling him slippy Jim, in tribute to the not so great Jim Leighton?!?!?!
It's all about remembering their 'istreee

;-((

Anyone ask where the money's coming from then?

I assume you mean Kieran Maguire.
Yes it's Kieran I think.

It was mentioned that Sheik Jassim is chairman of Qatar biggest bank. So an individual with clean capital generated through financial transactions.

Certainly not state owned dirty Arab oil money was the implication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.