United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out Friday night in the company of my rag nephew , he’s a decent lad to be fair just deluded . We got onto the rags where he informed me that the Qataris if they take over are going to completely revamp the swamp , investing heavily in the team , academy and the surrounding areas . I replied just like we’ve been doing for the last 15 years. Lad looked a bit confused

If tax avoiding rather grizzled ratty Jim triumphs over the qatari "individual" can we start calling him slippy Jim, in tribute to the not so great Jim Leighton?!?!?!
It's all about remembering their 'istreee

;-((
I remember it as "Sippery Jim," especially after the Maine Road Massacre.

Jim Ratface?

It will sit rather well alongside gargoyle one’s other nickname.

Many years ago I was on a stag do and met a few lads who I didn’t know previously. One of them was overtly racist, and proud of it, he said “I’ve nothing in common with bleep, bleep, bleep” he made it clear he wouldn’t have anything to do with non white, non English culture.

It was a different era compared to today, but I was still shocked by his attitude. Come the end of the night we were in a nightclub and for the FOC’s they played the Gap Band’s “Oops inside your head” whose members were black African Americans. The “dance” to that song was to sit down on the Dance Floor and simulate being in a rowing boat, it was huge fun and everyone did it at the time. The racist prick who hated non whites was right there on the dance floor rowing away to a black band’s song, the agenda suits, when it suits, I hope he’s matured over the years, never seen him since.
I used to know an old codger, who was an Arsenal fan, and a self-proclaimed racist, but he loved Ian Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.