United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slimey Stone reporting that de Jong's transfer to the swamp is being held up over his contractual situation at the Spanish rags, though, curiously enough, he doesn’t mention that FdJ doesn’t actually want to move to rag central:

Heard the delay is to do with royalties, something about the tune they will take the field to. Plus the decision which one to use.

I think there are varying degrees of ragginess: pricks like ratboy, the ginger pig and the family man (despite his early years!) are rags through and through. And will always be so. But many players become rags for a short while and then get out before it's too late. These latter day rags are slightly tainted, like shop-soiled goods, but they can still be accepted back within mainstream society - albeit somewhat begrudgingly, and of course if they have professional carers to look after them.
But there is absolutely no hope for long-term rags. They can never be a part of the human race again, they have brought shame upon their family name, they have dishonoured their parents and siblings, and caused widespread embarrassment to those who knew them before the ragginess had time to settle into their systems.

You see some now, former long-term rags trying to distance themselves from their pasts, shuffling aimlessly along the road, heads bowed in misery and guilt for what they have done to the family honour. They avoid eye contact with anyone who is not a lifelong Sky Sports subscriber lest their past doings become exposed to the world.

Fair play to Erikson. He is giving it a go, trying to remain positive and all that. In fact, as he reported for training he was singing his heart out.....
'Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with Fred'

Fair play to Erikson. He is giving it a go, trying to remain positive and all that. In fact, as he reported for training he was singing his heart out.....
'Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with Fred'
An unfortunate turn of phase given his past medical history:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.